WH16NS14 - Reverting to official firmware before returning?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
coldfire05

WH16NS14 - Reverting to official firmware before returning?

Post by coldfire05 »

I bought 2 units, LG WH16NS40 drives that of course shipped with ver. 1.05 firmware. I followed the instructions on here for flashing them to
DE_LG_WH16NS40-NS50_1.02.bin <-- Using a Windows computer.
The flash went fine on both of them and I even tested a 4K rip of one of my StarWars discs. Both ran great. The I reboxed them for a later date as I need them. (Which was last week)

Then I tried using one of them last night so I could run 6 instatances of MakeMKV to rip my new box collection of Gunsmoke. I did rip 2 discs, but really dragged on the recognition of the disc, but after that it just hangs.

I installed in a Vantek USB 3.0 case, using Linux Mint 19.3. Now I after doing triage, swapping cables, taking it out of the case and using just a powered SATA to USB 3.0 cable, and even tried it on my other computer that is running Linux Mint 21.2. It doesn't show up in the File folder, but if I do an lsblk command it shows up there, (sr1). I put a disc in and launched MakeMKV, but it just hangs there.

See Snap shot.

I have tried hooking it up to the windows laptop that I flashed it on and it see's it and able to launch SDFtools and that program see's the drive as well.

What are my options? Can I flash it back to 1.05 and return them?
TIA