Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-213T
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.03/ID43
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted

I recently purchased this drive from Billy, and it has been a workhorse. I've ripped a little over 100 blurays since I received the drive 10-12 days ago. However, the drive now won't recognize any disc inserted, anything from DVDs to UHD Bluray discs have the same issue: I'll insert a disc into the drive. The drive will spin up for 2-10 seconds and then stop. I'll get a no disc message when the drive stops.

This happened in the middle of my workflow, there wasn't any time between disc burning sessions - I pulled the 3rd disc of the special edition of Firefly out of my drive, inserted the first disc of season one of Batman The Complete Animated series and blam-o 'no disc'. I tried a few other discs, restarted my computer, tried a few more, and nothing. Does anyone have any recommendations on what can be done to salvage the situation?
Billycar11

Re: Pioneer BDR-213/2213 "No Disc"

Post by Billycar11 »

just email me for replacement its under my warranty seen this a few times its usually from shipping.
its usually 1 of 2 problems got hit hard and knocked the motor shaft out of the bushing or one thats mysteriously fully dead and shows no sighs of life strangely that been more common lately not sure what causes it if it like that it wont even show up on the computer.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Miiso

Re: Pioneer BDR-213/2213 "No Disc"

Post by Miiso »

Thanks Billy. I will email you shortly.