Install 1.6.15

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
mejic

Install 1.6.15

Post by mejic »

I'm a noob, so please be patient. I am trying to install 1.6.15 on a lucid machine with an xbmc-live front end. I have previously installed 1.6.13 without any problems, but when I tried to compile the oss (make -f makefile.linux) I get a screen full text instead of what I expected, then i have to "ctrl c" to get back to my terminal session. I don't know if this is relevant but the 1.6.15 oss directory is only 1.5mb as compared to 4.4mb for 1.6.13

I know to get help you will probably need more info, but I don't know whats relevant. I hope someone can help.

Cheers
jdbower

Re: Install 1.6.15

Post by jdbower »

Probably a bit of the text would be useful, usually the last few lines but anything that says "fatal error" or something equally scary could also be useful. Also make sure all of your dependencies are in order.

I wrote a script I use to update my own MakeMKV, you can see how to download it here:
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2568

That may fix whatever issue you're having since it checks the dependencies beforehand and makes sure you run the commands as the correct privilege level.
mejic

Post by mejic »

jdbower,

Thanks for your help, I added your repository and ran your makemkv install and it looks to have worked. is there an easy way to check which version of makemkv is installed? I have also copied the output ffrom the make -f makefile.linux command, i have uploaded it as a text file
makemkv.txt
(2.43 KiB) Downloaded 487 times
jdbower

Post by jdbower »

Glad it worked! I've made a request for having a --version switch (http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4128), but for now if you load up the GUI it will appear at the bottom text output area. I think it's in the output of makemkvcon once it gets started as well.