Some Feature Ideas

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
mwk1000

Some Feature Ideas

Post by mwk1000 »

Been using for a while now and I keep expecting this to show up. ( Or I simple don't know how to do it ).

When a disc has many titles I would like an option to select only the largest as the default. ( I just found the un-select all so that helps a lot )

I would love to be able to save the streams in separate files something like title00-1 ... The issue is trying to deal with VOBSUB streams and converting them to Text streams. It's a PITA now to find a usable Linux tool, It would be GREAT if I was able to start with an idx/sub pair or just the unmodified VOBSUB stream, mkv containerizing does something to them apparently. That's my case but also to be able to re-encode only the stream i'm interested in would be a time saver.

Thanks,

Mark

Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit on an AMD 6 way with 1 BRD and 2 DVD Drives
jdbower

Re: Some Feature Ideas

Post by jdbower »

For the first issue, there is a way to limit the minimum length of the title. View --> Preferences --> Video has an option for Minimum Title Length. By default it's something low, I set mine to 600 seconds which seems to cover the majority of the things I want it to do. Since I don't pay for TV service I end up with a lot of TV show DVDs which means I end up ripping ~4 titles per disc. By setting this value to something less than an episode I've gotten it to the point where the extras typically don't appear by default unless they're the size of a regular episode.