Problems Converting MakeMKV Blu-ray rips . . . . . .

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
mrtuneup2

Problems Converting MakeMKV Blu-ray rips . . . . . .

Post by mrtuneup2 »

I have been using MakeMKV for over two years now. I use make MakeMKV to rip my Blu-ray movies so I can decrypt and convert them to play on some of my streaming devices. The program has worked very well for me up until the last couple weeks. The last four movies that I tried to rip play fine in the MKV format file created by MakeMKV. I have tried to convert them with IVPro, Handbrake, and iSkysoft Media Decoder with all the same results. What happens is it converts the movie fine but it stops short of finishing the movie and says the movie is complete. So a movie that is two hours and 35 minutes I might get 45 minutes of the video before it says it's complete. But the movie is not all there converted. The movie will play fine in MKV format and all of the movie is all there. My guess is that the encryption for the Blu-ray is creating the problem. I took one of the movies that wasn't converting properly. And I used Slysofts AnyDVD to rip and Decrypt the Blu-ray to an image an then loaded into MakeMKV to make a mkv file. And then I converted with IV Pro and the whole movie was there and plays perfectly. Is this a bug in the program that can be fixed so it will work properly? I thought I would put this information out there so if it is a problem that can be fixed it will be. Thanks!!!
Smithcraft

Re: Problems Converting MakeMKV Blu-ray rips . . . . . .

Post by Smithcraft »

Maybe a Handbrake encode log from a failed encode would help figure out what was wrong.

SC