www.makemkv.com

MakeMKV support forum
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pixcelation
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:51 am 

Pixelation problems i am running MacOS High Sierra very 10.13.5
Have spoken with Apple today about pixelation problems on playback of some of my MakeMKV video files
I have used MakeMKV for many years on both Windows and mac platforms without any issues but now am experiencing pixelation in parts of my movie files
they have suggested it could be because of the architecture change in Apple software is there an update for MakeMKV for macOS due?
My blu ray drive is a pioneer BDR-S11J in an icybox USB enclosure

Post subject: Re: Pixcelation
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:31 pm 

MakeMKV creates the same MKV file regardless of operating system. If you rip a disk on Windows, Linux, or MacOS, the MKV file itself will be the same copy of the video that was on the disk.

Pixelated video can come from several sources. When you were ripping the disk, did you get a message about BD+, or "no FUTs"? BD+ is a copy protection method that deliberately creates pixelization, and has code to create "fix up tables" to undo the damage. It changes over time, so a really new disk might have BD+ protection that MakeMKV cannot deal with yet. But you should see the "no FUTs" message if that happens.

Post subject: Re: Pixcelation
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:08 pm 

I did not notice any unusual notices when the disk opened it was an older movie from 2006 Deja vu blu ray i will get the disk again but i also had it happen on The girl with the dragon tattoo blu ray i thought perhaps my imac had a graphics card problem hence i contacted them they were quiet helpful but did think it could be a software issue due to a change in the architecture of High Sierra