Full Screen Mode

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
TeeeBear

Full Screen Mode

Post by TeeeBear »

I entered full screen mode, and am now unable to exit. In the menu, under view, the option to "enter full screen" is grayed out (which makes sense), but there's no option to exit full screen mode. I tried pressing the escape key, and that didn't work either. I really don't need 27 inches of MakeMKV!
Woodstock

Re: Full Screen Mode

Post by Woodstock »

Which version of MakeMKV?

The Windows version doesn't have a "full screen mode" in the menus. The maximize button on the title bar works, but it toggles between Maximize and Windowed.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
m0thr4

Post by m0thr4 »

TeeeBear wrote:I entered full screen mode, and am now unable to exit. In the menu, under view, the option to "enter full screen" is grayed out (which makes sense), but there's no option to exit full screen mode. I tried pressing the escape key, and that didn't work either. I really don't need 27 inches of MakeMKV!
I take it you're talking about MakeMKV on OSX/MacOS? I have the same problem if

* MakeMKV is exited by OS while in fullscreen mode (e.g. you shut down or restart your Mac without exiting MakeMKV first)
* MakeMKV is killed while in fullscreen mode via alt+cmd+esc.

In either case, launch MakeMKV, move the mouse to the top of the screen (to get the application menu) and choose "MakeMKV > Quit MakeMKV". When you next launch MakeMKV, it should open in windowed mode.
davidmwpowers

Post by davidmwpowers »

I take it you're talking about MakeMKV on OSX/MacOS? I have the same problem if

* MakeMKV is exited by OS while in fullscreen mode (e.g. you shut down or restart your Mac without exiting MakeMKV first)
* MakeMKV is killed while in fullscreen mode via alt+cmd+esc.

In either case, launch MakeMKV, move the mouse to the top of the screen (to get the application menu) and choose "MakeMKV > Quit MakeMKV". When you next launch MakeMKV, it should open in windowed mode.
In Windows I don't have a problem. In OSX there is a bug that
a. the quit/iconify/window red/orange/green buttons don't appear with the menu on hover at top of screen
b. the standard OSX control-command-F button doesn't toggle between fullscreen and window as it should
c. quitting as above, or killing or restarting do not reset makemkv to window mode as one would expected