Security Preferences

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
BigGig59

Security Preferences

Post by BigGig59 »

When I try to install MakeMKV on my Mac I get an error stating that it is from an unidentified developer. I have combed through the preferences only finding a setting to allow for App Store, or App Store and identified developer. I also don't know where to go to modify this list. I am using a Macbook Pro Retina, 15 inch, Mid 2014. I have 16 GB of Ram and running a 1 TB SSD. The macOS is Sierra 10.12.4. If you need any other info just let me know.

Thank You,
BigGig59
Woodstock

Re: Security Preferences

Post by Woodstock »

You have to temporarily change your settings in Gatekeeper. Google came up with this link:

https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=25443
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
BigGig59

Post by BigGig59 »

Thank you very much for your quick response, and the second half of the Google link helped tremendously, but the first half did not help because on my Mac the Anywhere option is not available. My issue is definitely corrected though, now I need to pore through the Apple Forums to figure out the Gatekeeper issue.

Again Thank You,
BigGig59
Ravenwood

Post by Ravenwood »

I don't see the Anywhere option either. My guess is they removed this option in later versions of macOS, maybe with Sierra?

You can still allow MakeMKV to run by right (option) clicking it an select Open, without having to change that general preference. You only have to do this once, after that you can double click to open as usual