www.makemkv.com

MakeMKV support forum
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:58 pm 

I am a new and happy MakeMKV/Mac user but so far have only done about 80 BR's (all but one successfully - Episode 1 of The Hunger Games).

I have a few 4K's I want to rip as well and have read their is a keys file I need to download and place somewhere on my system. (1) Where do I find the file to download and (2) where do I place it on my Mac?

I was always afraid to get into the "ripping" business but this product (and this forum) and some help from on-line friends have made it very straight forward. I will end up with 4 drives on two Macs doing the ripping so I can get through the hundreds of movies I want available.

Thanks for the software to do this!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:10 pm 

audioguy wrote:
I am a new and happy MakeMKV/Mac user but so far have only done about 80 BR's (all but one successfully - Episode 1 of The Hunger Games).

I have a few 4K's I want to rip as well and have read their is a keys file I need to download and place somewhere on my system. (1) Where do I find the file to download and (2) where do I place it on my Mac?

I was always afraid to get into the "ripping" business but this product (and this forum) and some help from on-line friends have made it very straight forward. I will end up with 4 drives on two Macs doing the ripping so I can get through the hundreds of movies I want available.

Thanks for the software to do this!!

I can help you with question 1 but since I don't know Mac that one is lost to me. Follow the link to the file you need.

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16959

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:13 pm 

Where to PLACE the file is in your MakeMKV data directory, which is set in Preferences->General.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:50 pm 

Default location - /Users/[yourusername]/Library/MakeMKV