DVD Won't Eject After Using MakeMKV

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Tiny Clanger

Re: DVD Won't Eject After Using MakeMKV

Post by Tiny Clanger »

mike admin wrote: Maybe, but for a quite long time MakeMKV does not use DASPI to access the drive. So it is a likely bug in OS X that kicks in.
As a workaround, one of the requested features is a "eject at the end" checkbox. I guess it has to be implemented.
Thanks — guess I should get round to upgrading Yosemite to El Capitan and see if that helps :)
Goddess_Germanika

Re: DVD Won't Eject After Using MakeMKV

Post by Goddess_Germanika »

I just had this start when I upgraded MakeMKV to 1.17.6 on an M2 Mac mini 14.2.1 <I upgraded to macOS 14.3 did not help.
OWC with a LG with the 1.02 firmware. All regions, unlimited speed etc. This is an externally powered drive

The eject button stopped working and if I use the manual button, it will spit out the disc. If I insert another disc, I get there is no optical drive.

In the last session it had 6 ipc errors that MakeMKV says the system 'loses the drive, a sign the drive is not getting enough power. I am using the power supply that came with the drive and the USB cable that came with the drive and the drive is plugged directly into the computer. This drive is about 5 months but has barely been used the first few months.

If I restart, it sees the drive. Everything works until I try to eject. Then it is back to eject button does not work, et al.

As soon as I click on the Eject Button in MakeMKV, the information in the right hand pane that has MakeMKV info about the reader, then Libra Drive, then the disc info, this last information about the disc disappears and says "no disc inserted." In the left pane type: unmounting, and label: please wait.

No amount of waiting has the disc unmount and eject as it did before.

If I manually eject the disc <button on front), it ejects the disc. When I place a new disc in, I can hear the drive reading but the Unmounting, please wait remains and in the right pane No Disc is still there.

Only restarting the computer works, quitting the program and relaunching it says "MakeMKV v1.17.6 darwin(arm64-release) started
The program can't find any usable optical drives.

Any ideas?