Blu rays not mounting

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
TrueNerd

Blu rays not mounting

Post by TrueNerd »

I'm on OS X 10.6.8 and I have MakeMKV 1.6.14. I have an external Optiarc BD-ROM 5500S drive. MakeMKV has no problems recognizing regular DVDs in the Optiarc but when I put a blu ray in (I've tried a bunch), it tells me there is no disc. I used both OS access mode and DASPI mode. I've been looking for solutions online for the last two hours to no avail. Can anyone help?
mike admin

Re: Blu rays not mounting

Post by mike admin »

Do you see the BD drive mounted in finder, when MakeMKV is not running? If not, then it's bad drive.
nicholas_d

Post by nicholas_d »

I am having the same issue. I had by blu ray replaced and still have the SAME issues. I can say it is not a bad drive. ANy other ideas?

It is a LG external blu ray burner that I use...everything was fine up to about a month or two ago and ever since with the old drive/new drive nothing will "mount"
jp5fuel

Post by jp5fuel »

I am having similar issues with an OWC Slim Blu-ray External Drive. Drive works perfectly fine reading DVD but fails to read any Blu-ray disk. Returned external drive to OWC and they say it tests just fine and that I require macblurayplayer to view/read a blue-ray disk? I think they are full of it and there is something else going wrong. When I insert a Blu-ray disk, it attempts to read and then returns with a whole bunch of error messages that say things ilke "could not open disk". Any thoughts on why it's not working?