Crashing i7

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
MBPi7

Crashing i7

Post by MBPi7 »

Please help, 1.7.10 and 1.7.9 crashing my MBP Retina and Air i7's with a LG Burner. The burner is functioning fine for weeks on other processors/mac's running lion. Currently performs fine on i5 MBP with the same burner.

After attempting to load the disc, OS goes into panic getting the grey screen w/ only app running.

Any advice?
leenuss

Re: Crashing i7

Post by leenuss »

Remove/Reinstall the DASPI kernel extension?
MBPi7

Post by MBPi7 »

It is not currently installed. It was at one point, due to the app suggesting it to be installed. It started the whole crashing problem. I installed because on i7 after being on an i5 the app was creating mkv's but would stop saying job complete but 0 files created.

Then I rolled back to a older copy of my OS pre-DASPI, and problem continued.

Not sure how to check if it is still resident somehow, but the app is suggesting I install it, making me thinking it is not installed.
leenuss

Post by leenuss »

DASPI kext is installed in /System/Library/Extensions/daspi.kext
Thrash it. Reboot. Reinstall.
MBPi7

Post by MBPi7 »

Thanks for the help. DASPI was not installed, gave it a shot. Now mkv is not finding my optical drive with or without the DASPI installed. At least it is not crashing, but that is because the disc is not mounting. The drive at the same time is still being recognized by a i5 MBP with Lion.

This may be a new issue.?.?