New BD killed MakeMKV - Reset to default settings ?

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
djbobo2014

New BD killed MakeMKV - Reset to default settings ?

Post by djbobo2014 »

Today I received y brand new BD named Origin.

Error 'SCSI-Error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - AUTHENTICATION FAILURE'
Error 'SCSI-Error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED'
BUFFALO Optical Drive 2.00
Mac OS 10.10.3 for many months

Highest AACS version is v54 , MKB saved as /Users/Username/.MakeMKV/MKB_v54_ORIGIN.tgz
Unknown Volume key...
Opening Disk failed

I guess I ripped over 50 of my BD's disks so far and now I'm getting continuously error messages even for disk that have been ripped successfully 2 days ago.

Is there a way to set MakeMKV to default settings ?
I temporarily deleted this MKB_v54_ORIGIN.tgz but that did not solve the problem.

Any ideas ?
Last edited by djbobo2014 on Wed May 27, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djbobo2014

Re: New BD killed MakeMKV - Reset to default settings ?

Post by djbobo2014 »

DVD Ripping seem to work.
But none of my BD's anymore.

I connected the optical drive to another computer running Mac OS 10.9.5 same issue here. Not able to read any of my BD's anymore.
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Unfortunately this is caused by a feature of the AACS system. Newer AACS versions blacklist known compromised keys from earlier AACS versions (IIRC, at the firmware level); you have 3 workarounds:

- use another BD drive and make sure to only insert discs with AACS v52 or earlier (they'll blacklist keys all the way back to v51, but MakeMKV supports AACS v52 so it'll keep working so long as you don't insert v53 or later discs)

- use your current BD drive with another ripping application that has been updated to support AACS v54 (no clue which do, all we know is MakeMKV doesn't yet)

- wait for a MakeMKV update to bring support for AACS v54
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

AACS v53 doesn't kill MakeMKV ripping, but v54 does. Someone else who has encountered this has heard from Mike that he is working on the issue now, and hopes to have a new version out shortly.

In the mean time, send the file /Users/bpr/.MakeMKV/MKB_v54_ORIGIN.tgz to svq@makemkv.com so that Mike has additional information, if he needs it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
djbobo2014

Post by djbobo2014 »

Done
djbobo2014

Post by djbobo2014 »

Problem seem to be solved.
MakeMKV is currently reading the AACS v54 BD. 52 min to go.
djbobo2014

Post by djbobo2014 »

Confirmed: problem is solved.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

While AACS v54 is handled by MakeMKV 1.9.4, it has been confirmed that AACS v55 is "in the wild", and it does kill MakeMKV 1.9.4's ability to access drives.

So, if the drive has had a v55 disk inserted, it will only work for DVDs until Mike can update MakeMKV.

Check your MakeMKV data directory on the first machine. Is there a file with a name starting with "MKB_v55"? If so, please email that file to svq@makemkv.com so that Mike can use it help update MakeMKV.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging