MakeMKV v1.9.3 doesn't work

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Vyazhan

MakeMKV v1.9.3 doesn't work

Post by Vyazhan »

Hi guys,

The new release of 1.9.3 doesn't work for me under OS X Yosemite to the point where I can't actually rip a Blu-Ray anymore.

The software just basically freezes during the decryption process at random stages, but mainly during reading of the .cci file or related files. I have tried to restart without success, it keeps freezing with my cpu being used at 100%. I then went on and re-downloaded and installed the previous version 1.9.2 and everything works fine and dandy and it's copying away like a charm.

It would be nice if this could be looked into, I am sure I am not the only mac user that experiences these problems. I tried multiple Blu-Rays, including Blu-Rays that already got ripped in the old version and they didn't work either and now with the backdated version, all my stuff works again :)

All the best,
Vya
djbobo2014

Re: MakeMKV v1.9.3 doesn't work

Post by djbobo2014 »

Works for me.
Make 1.9.3 on 10.10.3 and a Buffalo Drive.

I could not use MakeMKV (1.9.2) for one week, I inserted a AACS v54 BD.
After that I could not read any BD's anymore, even those who could be read before.
MakeMKV 1.9.3 works pretty well and successfully read the AACS v54 BD.
Vyazhan

Post by Vyazhan »

Thanks for the comparison :)

I am on the same config but a matshita drive, so that could be one potential source perhaps. I will test again in the next version and report back!

All the best,
Vya
JacktheRipper

Post by JacktheRipper »

I have exactly the same problem.

I was in the process of copying the Alien Anthology box set using MakeMKV 1.9.2. The first disc copied fine. I updated to 1.9.3, and then failed to copy all the remaining discs. The symptoms were the same as yours: freezing on a small 2k file early in the copy process. As a further check, I loaded three other random Blu ray discs and experienced the same problem.

Today, I reverted to version 1.9.2 and the copy process appears to be going fine.

I am running Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 on a Mac Pro (Mid 2010), using a Samsung external USB BD drive model TSSTcorp BDDVDW SE-506CB.
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

I am having the same problem backing up a disc with 1.9.3. Same as others - worked the first time and then started getting this message at the beginning of the backup.

Mike, can you advise something - maybe deleting the preference files and a fresh install of the program?

Thanks!

MakeMKV v1.9.3 darwin(x86-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as /Users/stevenimac/MakeMKV_log.txt
Optical drive "BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BE14NU40 1.01d" opened in OS access mode.
Backing up disc into folder "/Users/stevenimac/Movies//backup/BLADES_OF_GLORY"
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
DEBUG: Code 0 at 0Fz':Gj^-j\WC0;c:213139828
DBG ASSERT: Is:U*1Rc^'5YQ,I4w3`P^,!9d36bon"f%!`.1zb_kE-K) at 0Fz':Gj^-j\WC0;c:29403797
Vyazhan

Post by Vyazhan »

Hi guys,

just as an update: Upgrading to 1.9.4 has resolved this issue for me! It seems it was a driver issue after all then, according to the release notes!

All the best,
Vya