Unable to change a video title in Properties dialogue

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
blankusername

Unable to change a video title in Properties dialogue

Post by blankusername »

Since upgrading to the recent beta release, I have been unable to edit the video's title in the Properties dialogue box, in Windows 10.
1) I rip a DVD or Bluray.
2) Open the folder containing the MKV file.
3) Right-click on the otherwise "healthy" file, and select the "Properties" from the context menu.
4) When he Properties dialogue box opens, I select the "Details" tab.
5) In the details tab (the one with "Title" "Subtitle" "Ratings" and "Tags") I try to edit the video title. Usually it's already filled with "Main Feature" or something like that.
When I get to this point I am unable to edit it. This was only very rarely a problem before I updated my version, now it happens with every new rip. Is ther e a solution for this? Is it an app issue or an OS issue?
Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but I have not been able to find mention of it after searching the forum for 2 days.
Many thanks!
Woodstock

Re: Unable to change a video title in Properties dialogue

Post by Woodstock »

You may be hitting a limitation in your operating system. Technically, you're not supposed to be able to edit something like that JUST by right-clicking, although it is sometimes allowed.

If you use a tool like mkvtoolnix, you can edit all of those properties in the MKV file, and others as well.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
blankusername

Re: Unable to change a video title in Properties dialogue

Post by blankusername »

thanks!