Make MKV & subtitle checkboxes

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Rojma

Re: Make MKV & subtitle checkboxes

Post by Rojma »

Radiocomms237 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:28 am
Yes, you need to modify MakeMKV's user profile.

(The following is copy 'n pasted from a post I made in another thread.)

On your PC (see quote below for mac), navigate to C:\Program Files\MakeMKV and you need to open an archive called "appdata.tar" (I use 7zip to open this archive) then copy the file "default.mmcp.xml" to a working folder;
bluedanes wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:48 pm
~ if you are a Mac user you can find this in the MakeMKV app bundle. `/Applications/MakeMKV.app/Contents/Resources` has the .tar and then is also where you save your custom profile.
Rename this copied file to something like "custom.mmcp.xml" (you can replace "custom" with whatever name you prefer)

Open it with Notepad++ (or your .xml editor of choice)

Change <name lang="mogz">:5086</name> to <name lang="mogz">custom</name> (again, you can replace "custom" with whatever name you prefer)

Change setFirstSubtitleTrackAsDefault="true" to "false"

Change setFirstForcedSubtitleTrackAsDefault="true" to "false"

Save and exit from Notepad++

Move the new file into C:\Users/%UserProfile%\.MakeMKV (MakeMKV data directory default location)**
**Unless you've modified MakeMKV Preferences > General tab > MakeMKV data directory location, in which case, use that new location instead.
Open MakeMKV, go to settings > advanced and make sure profile is set to "custom" (or whatever name name you chose)

OR, if you trust me and can't figure out how to do all that, just download my custom profile here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hkb96tawp84ild1/custom.mmcp.xml/file

And drop it into the data directory.
Another great post on creating a custom profile! This should be pinned.