www.makemkv.com

MakeMKV support forum
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:46 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:49 pm 

I have the trial version on a machine that never gets connected to the internet and that is where I would like to have the complete shareware version. Will the registration key alone activate the full version or does it require an internet connection for this to happen? Can I simply transfer the downloaded registration key from a jump drive and activate the program that way?

I appreciate your time with my question. Tim

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:24 pm 

The key alone does the activation.

Internet access is used to check for newer versions on start-up, and also to look for SVQ files if needed to deal with BD+ copy protection (see /svq/ for more information). Both can be disabled in the preferences.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:31 am 

Thanks for confirming that. I run XP on that machine and can't risk connecting it to the internet ever again. For my main computer I use linux Mint, but don't want to try installing MakeMKV for linux as it would be too much of a challenge. For some things I still need a Windows I guess...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:33 am 

Hmm... I wonder if MakeMKV for Windows would run under Wine? Someday, I might try that...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:39 am 

timcat wrote:
Thanks for confirming that. I run XP on that machine and can't risk connecting it to the internet ever again. For my main computer I use linux Mint, but don't want to try installing MakeMKV for linux as it would be too much of a challenge. For some things I still need a Windows I guess...

MakeMKV runs and installs like a dream under Linux Mint. I use it, and there is a simple install process for it. This is the link...though for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to be up at the moment. Hopefully, that changes. It worked a couple days ago.