Digitally Re-Mastered, CGI added Mix

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
glenaw

Digitally Re-Mastered, CGI added Mix

Post by glenaw »

I have been trying to make a mkv of Star Trek ( The Original Series ) and every time I do it the play back staggers to the point of being unwatchable. I'm putting on my Plex server.

From what I understand my DVD's are digitally re-mastered and has parts of it that are CGI enhanced. I would imagine that could creates problems. I have put many Blu Rays and DVD's on my plex server, over 300. It makes it a lot easier than searching what I consider be my huge collection to put the Disk into my player.

Any suggestions? Do you need additional information?

I would greatly appreciate any answers you can give me.

Glen
Woodstock

Re: Digitally Re-Mastered, CGI added Mix

Post by Woodstock »

"CGI enhanced" should have no effect, given the number of 100% CGI movies out there.

If there were errors during the rip, please post the log from the rip in a reply (FAQ link in my signature explains the logging).

"No errors"? Then there is probably an issue with the playback environment. And there can be a LOT of ways things do not play back properly. I check all my rips with VLC, in part because they're going to be compressed with handbrake en route to the media server, and I can gather information on the audio and subtitle tracks that way.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging