AV Sync problems with Farscape S1 episode PK Tech Girl

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Obl918

AV Sync problems with Farscape S1 episode PK Tech Girl

Post by Obl918 »

Beginning to rip our entire DVD TV show collection, I am actually getting this problem fairly frequently, but this example is good because the AV sync problem is obvious.

After ripping the complete set of Farscape I found I had to correct AV sync by remuxing for about 200ms audio delay in maybe 10 of the episodes, and I am finding it also happens with various movie DVDs -- maybe every 5th one I rip has AV sync issues.

Here is the test dump for this particular example. It is easy to see the sync problem when Crichton says "shouldn't we be doing warp 1000" in the opening dialog.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tyoi5br2xdqh ... 2.tgz?dl=0

I confirmed that the disc plays correctly on a set top player with no sync issues.

I tried ripping using a different machine with a different DVD drive and got the same issue.

I did email this to support but thought I would post it here in case anyone has come across this before.

Thanks. MakeMKV is great (just purchased a license now) but I am hoping to avoid having to manually check every episode of our collection as I rip them...