V. 1.10.0 - Every Disc now has same error

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Krawk

V. 1.10.0 - Every Disc now has same error

Post by Krawk »

Although this error does not affect ripping ability, every single dvd disc I insert at the end of recognizing the disc has been inserted gives the same error; "Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:READ OF SCRAMBLED SECTOR WITHOUT AUTHENTICATION' occurred while reading 'DVD+R-DL ASUS DRW-24B1ST c 1.05' at offset '1048576'
At this point I click the analyze disc button and everything works as it should.

I know this error is harmless but I ask what changed with this newest version that makes it happen all the time?
Woodstock

Re: V. 1.10.0 - Every Disc now has same error

Post by Woodstock »

It would appear that the operating system is interfering with access. Have you changed anything at the OS level? Are you running any programs that access the disk, in addition to MakeMKV?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging

Re: V. 1.10.0 - Every Disc now has same error

Post by 16442496 »

I get this sometimes on some DVD's. Even if they are new and cleaned by hand, water and "Astianpesuaine". I don't know what that is in English... Dictionary say it is "washing-up liquid"

Some discs sounds that they are spinning faster than another. Also some discs have longer reading time. Almost all thous witch doesnt have any copy controll have longest reading time ;) I have lot of those. hat could be case that they are TV-series. But TV-series with Copycontrol are readed much faster. I don't know why. 12min or 20 min to read. Thats fine to me. Even if it takes a hour to read that's fine to me. Watching movie to without drive spinning noise and without annoiing MENU sh**s is worth to wait.

I don't know, but that spinning sound is louder anonother discs than another. Maby that is hardware problem and not MakeMKV.

And yes. Like you said that does not affect ripping at all.
ODD: TSSTcorp. CDDVDW SH-224DB