Hunger games Mockingjay pt1 errors

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
kevin007

Hunger games Mockingjay pt1 errors

Post by kevin007 »

The DVD rip kept failing and then I got one of the instances to rip but with serious av sync issues. I sent the log into and ifo files to the email address, is there anything more I can do?
Woodstock

Re: Hunger games Mockingjay pt1 errors

Post by Woodstock »

Not right now, really. However, you might want to check the Mocking Jay topics here, because these disks have a LOT of fake titles, some of which point to invalid streams. If you don't chose the right one, you'll get (at best) the wrong order of scenes, or possibly invalid seeks, as the directory entries point to non-existent locations.

By the way, what do you mean by "severe" sync issues? There can be a lot of small (1-3 ms) errors in disks that use seamless branching, but when the sync issues regularly exceed 100ms, that is a severe issue, and probably points to having the wrong title selected.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
kevin007

Post by kevin007 »

There are whole scenes where the audio doesn't fit with the scene. Like you hear dialog when katniss is standing looking horrified at her first trip to district 12. It is like all the audio is dubbed in wrong.

The good news is that dvdfab was able to rip it without any problems. It isn't as good of quality as makemkv but is watchable.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Yeah, that is the Lionsgate obfuscation getting you. Last Lionsgate DVD I bought had 6 different titles that matched the feature length, and only one of them was correct. The only BD I got from them had hundreds of bogus titles.

Decided I wasn't going to buy from Lionsgate anymore.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging