Anastasia DVD

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
mgrier

Anastasia DVD

Post by mgrier »

Hi, I'm trying to make my DVD collection available via Plex within my household.

I ripped my daughter's Anastasia DVD using the latest makemkv on Windows 10 and ended up with two titles which are slightly differently sized.

I looked at them and scrubbed around don't see anything in particular that's different.

From reading around, I see that sometimes DVDs are authored to confuse rippers but this is an old DVD so I thought the counter-measures would be effective.

Is there some way to figure out what's up? I did a Google search and there are no references to any issues. I also ripped with DVD Decrypter and had the same result.

Thanks in advance!
Mike Grier
Woodstock

Re: Anastasia DVD

Post by Woodstock »

Most likely the differences are in the titles and credits.

While this is not a Disney release, they are not the only ones that customize the titles/credits for the language used.

To check, you can rip both titles and look at the opening titles.

Another possibility is that one has a commentary track and the other does not.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
mgrier

Re: Anastasia DVD

Post by mgrier »

Thanks; I'll take a look at those carefully. I can spend a few minutes comparing.

Are there any publicly available tools to delve into DVD menus? I did a quick search; I know that on BD discs it's more complex since the logic to transition between chapters can be driven by Java code but on DVDs the playlists are static so perhaps I can figure this out by reading?

Thanks!
Mike