Hunger Games Mocking Jay Pt 1

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
mkwasha
Site Admin

Re: Hunger Games Mocking Jay Pt 1

Post by mkwasha »

This disc uses a new type of DVD structure protection that exploits a specific bug in MakeMKV. No current MakeMKV version can process this disc, you'll have to wait for 1.9.2 to be released.

For better troubleshooting please do the following:
- play the disc in DVD player and note the title number for the movie (all DVD players have some sort of info button that shows this information).
- open the disc in MakeMKV using "manual DVD" mode (see /manualdvd/ ). When asked for a selection string, enter the title number.
- Make and send the testdump per instructions at /onlinehelp/testdump.html . You can enter the "testdump magic" after you've opened the disc.
caos1978

Post by caos1978 »

VLC and my standalone DVD player don't agree on the correct title (22 and 26 respectively) so I have submitted testdumps for both titles. Hopefully they prove useful.
kcuk80

Post by kcuk80 »

I had same problem and resolved it by using a combination of make dvd and slysofts clone DVD and Any DVD to make a new iso from the original disk (rental) then mounted it then used make dvd to rip the iso to MKV format.
dougmckeen

Post by dougmckeen »

makemkv will likely always be my go to program for ripping my discs. Like others, I had problems with this disc. So I used dvd::rip (linux) to extract the vobs.
sumo300

Post by sumo300 »

I grabbed the latest v1.9.2 release and now there is an available Title 28 that matches playback with VLC. I successfully ripped title 28 and it seems to be working!
ThirdForce

Post by ThirdForce »

I have the latest version of makeMKV (v1.9.2), and have attempted to rip this same DVD. My attempts, unlike sumo300s, are all failing.

Apparently the there are corrupt offsets in the VOBs, which the app attempts to "work around". An example of this is shown below:

Code: Select all

The source file '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_20_1.VOB' is corrupt or invalid at offset 1169539072, attempting to work around
The source file '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_20_1.VOB' is corrupt or invalid at offset 1558306816, attempting to work around
The source file '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_20_1.VOB' is corrupt or invalid at offset 1558306816, attempting to work around
Eventually, however, a "scsi error" is generated that is unrecoverable. This error is:

Code: Select all

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_20_1.VOB' at offset '1411973120'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_20_1.VOB' at offset '1411973120'
Once this error occurs, the title save fails.

I also note that there is no title 28 that appears on my copy of the DVD.

Any suggestions on what I can do? Is there any information I can give that will help figure out why this is failing?

Someone please advise...
PBzeer

Post by PBzeer »

You're apparently trying to save the wrong title. You should be selecting Source title ID: 28, which is VIDEO_TS/VTS_17_1.VOB, not 20_1. While I received the "corrupt or invalid offsets" msg throughout the save, it did save the movie.
ThirdForce

Post by ThirdForce »

That actually is part of the problem.

As stated previously, there is *no* title 28 when MakeMKV opens the disk. There is a title 0, title7, title8, title9, title10, and a title11. When MakeMKV opens the disk, a title28 is mentioned, but it is not available at all. That is why I am reporting this on this forum.

MakeMKV does not offer a title28 on this disk. Or at least my copy doesn't. Did you configure it in some way so that it does? Or is there something else you did to make MakeMKV display title28?

Someone please advise...
PBzeer

Post by PBzeer »

This is what you should be seeing:

pmkvsh

Post by pmkvsh »

I just had a similar problem. Any ideas?

I tried several times, same result. Also tried with Handbrake without the MKV step, that didn't work either.

MakeMKV v1.9.2 darwin(x86-release) started
Optical drive "BD-ROM hp BD ROM BC-5600S 2.84d" opened in OS access mode.
The new version 1.9.4 is available for download at /download/
Using direct disc access mode
Title #1 was added (39 cell(s), 1:47:00)
Title #2 was added (3 cell(s), 0:04:33)
Title #3 has length of 70 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4 has length of 71 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #5 has length of 53 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #6 has length of 34 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #7 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:24)
Title #8 has length of 60 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #9 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:24)
Title #10 has length of 60 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #12 has length of 9 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #13 has length of 14 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14 has length of 1 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title 2 in VTS 8 is equal to title 3 and was skipped
Operation successfully completed
Saving 1 titles into directory /Users/Movies/X_MEN_ORIGINS_WOLVERINE
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:NO SEEK COMPLETE' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_04_1.VOB' at offset '267780096'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:NO SEEK COMPLETE' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_04_1.VOB' at offset '267780096'
Failed to save title 0 to file /Users/Movies/X_MEN_ORIGINS_WOLVERINE/title00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Your drive is having trouble following the track on the disk. It may be possible to fix it with a cleaning of the disk...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Reddz144

Post by Reddz144 »

Just bought this dvd, thanks to all the previous posters.
I do have a question, in the fake title what is different
i ripped the real one and a fake one haven't watch them yet.
dholme

Post by dholme »

Here's something interesting:
I have made multiple copies trying to find the correct playlist.
While playing the latest copy and the blu-ray itself side-by-side on my mac, I caught the blu-ray playing incorrectly. I downloaded the digital copy to my phone and put the blu-ray in a standalone player and both differ (identically) from the playback of the blu-ray on the software player on my mac. The scene in question is early (during the 13th minute). Katniss is walking through her family's home in the Victor's Village and finds the cat (it scares her). The correct scene shows her putting the cat in her bag. The digital copy and disc in standalone player showed this. The disc playing on my mac went from the cat scaring Katniss to Gale being in the room with her talking about a kiss she didn't know he remembered.
So now they are programming blu-rays to play incorrectly if played on a computer?