Everybody Loves Raymond Complete Series DVD

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
or6itz

Everybody Loves Raymond Complete Series DVD

Post by or6itz »

I am trying to backup my Everybody Loves Raymond complete series DVD's. I have tried multiple disks and see a consistent error. Each disk has 5 episodes on it, but only 3 titles are found on each disk. I have checked the disks for dirt and scratches, but they are in perfect shape.

Here is my DEBUG log for one of the disks:

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.9.4 win(x64-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as C:\Users\User/MakeMKV_log.txt
Using direct disc access mode
Title #1 was added (1 cell(s), 0:23:27)
Title #2 was added (1 cell(s), 0:22:44)
Title #3 was added (1 cell(s), 0:23:05)
DEBUG: Code 233 at sc+N72itvMaXuvHlwYbfq9li:0
Operation successfully completed
Any help you all can provide would be appreciated.
Woodstock

Re: Everybody Loves Raymond Complete Series DVD

Post by Woodstock »

The first thing to do is send the .IFO files and the log to support@makemkv.com, as mentioned in the FAQ on debugging. The debug code shown will tell Mike something about what MakeMKV tried (and failed) to do to read the disk. I would recommend sending the information on each disk separately, so that you are more likely to be able to email it.

In many cases like this, you might have to resort to opening the disk manually. http://www.makemkv.com/manualdvd/ describes the mechanics, but there isn't a lot of information in the log to say what parameters would work.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ember1205

Re: Everybody Loves Raymond Complete Series DVD

Post by ember1205 »

Was any progress made on this? I have the EXACT same issue with these discs. Most will only show the first three titles on the disc, and will almost never rip titles four or five even if they show up in the list.

I looked at the information on "Manual Mode" and see absolutely NOTHING that tells me how to actually use it.