Baby Driver voice over track forced subtitles issues

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Smith119

Baby Driver voice over track forced subtitles issues

Post by Smith119 »

I've recently ripped, re-ripped and re-re-ripped the Baby Driver Netflix BR. Currently, my main issue is that I keep getting a voice over track that plays throughout the entire movie. I have dabbled with selecting one or two the the forced english subtitles and it has one of 2 effects.

1. I select both english subtitle tracks, I get both subtitles (forced) and the voiceover.

2. I select one of the subtitle tracks (I have ripped it 2x alternating which forced subtitle I select), only to find out that one enables the voiceover the other does nothing...smh...

Ideally, I would like to remove the voiceover for obvious reasons and then enable the forced subs.

I am computer competent but not a programmer or engineer, so a little walk-through or guidance with this issue would be great. I have looked at other forums and seen similar issues but separate at the same time.

My current setup is MKV and handbrake. I am currently without a sound card in this server, so I have to go through the entire ripping and posting process in order to check audio, yes it is a pain, yes I fully intend to remedy this situation post holiday (maybe sooner depending on what occurs here).

Any and all help is really appreciated!
Woodstock

Re: Baby Driver voice over track forced subtitles issues

Post by Woodstock »

You are getting the "Descriptive Audio" track.

Make sure you're ripping ALL audio tracks in your language, and you should get the main audio. You probably should do the same for subtitles.

After the rip, you can find the correct tracks to keep and use either mkvmerge from mkvtoolnix or handbrake to remove the tracks you don't want.

When I've hit a disk with descriptive audio, its playback was not attached to subtitle selection. Descriptive audio is for the visually impaired, so subtitles wouldn't make a lot of sense.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging