Problem with Alvin and the Chipmunks chipwrecked

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Gervin

Problem with Alvin and the Chipmunks chipwrecked

Post by Gervin »

Hello,

First off this movie is for my 3 year old daughter, not me :)

Decently new to all this but used Make MKV on about 40 movies at home to store on portable hard drive and this is my first with issues. After getting the first error I searched on the forum and it seemed the disk could be damaged(although it looks brand new). Someone suggested trying the backup option and then using that file to convert to MKV...well the second image is the error I get when I try to do that. Is this disc someone protected or damaged or? First error when attempting to make the MKV only takes about 30 seconds, second backup method runs about 40% of the way then fails. Any help would be appreciated!
error 1.PNG
error 1.PNG (58.54 KiB) Viewed 6486 times
error 2.PNG
error 2.PNG (17.74 KiB) Viewed 6486 times
Woodstock

Re: Problem with Alvin and the Chipmunks chipwrecked

Post by Woodstock »

The error is occurring in one particular file, 00882.m2ts in both MKV and backup mode, which generally points to a disk flaw, rather than a drive power issue (another popular problem). Your drive is "offline" while it tries to read that spot.

Most likely cause of issue is finger prints; if the drive cannot read through them, it doesn't matter if you can't see them. :)

Damp, soft cloth is usually all it takes.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Gervin

Post by Gervin »

Thanks for the response, I cleaned it and same error so I guess maybe just a flaw in the disk? I did plug the second y USB cable into the machine for power just as a precaution.
Gervin

Post by Gervin »

Turns out there was a flaw in the disc, wouldn't play correctly in my blu ray player so returned it for another one and it ripped fine! Disc was brand new so who knows what the deal was?
preserve

Post by preserve »

Gervin wrote:Turns out there was a flaw in the disc, wouldn't play correctly in my blu ray player so returned it for another one and it ripped fine! Disc was brand new so who knows what the deal was?
Defective disc, even when brand new and appears flawless - unfortunately, it happens.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00