Star Wars Complete Saga

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
nicolaidenmark

Star Wars Complete Saga

Post by nicolaidenmark »

Hi all,

New here. MakeMKV is awesome software, however, I do have a problem.

I want to rip all the films with:

English Intro text
Danish subtitles for intro text, dialog and alien dialog
English subtitles for dialog and alien dialog

Not really sure what / when "Forced" comwe into play.

Which subs do I need?

Thanks,
Woodstock

Re: Star Wars Complete Saga

Post by Woodstock »

"Which subtitles" is complicated by the fact that each movie was mastered at a different time, and the "correct" subtitle track varies I made a list of the correct "forced" tracks for English, but have lost it. Some it was the first track, some it was either 6 or even 9. The same sort of mixing probably applies to other languages.

For me, though, it was simple - I have MakeMKV rip ALL the tracks, then sort them out later using VLC (play the movie, look for subtitles) and handbrake (encode the movie to a smaller size, incorporating the "proper" tracks found in VLC).
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
nicolaidenmark

Post by nicolaidenmark »

Come to think of it: I COULD perhaps rip all the subs- then watch (note down) the correct tracks, the reopen in MakeMKV and remove the ones, I do not want?

I saw your post on the English vers. Thank you for your post
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If you're not encoding, you COULD use mkvmerge (search for mkvtoolnix, Google knows where it is) to write a copy with only the tracks you want, without ripping a second time.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
nicolaidenmark

Post by nicolaidenmark »

Woodstock wrote:If you're not encoding, you COULD use mkvmerge (search for mkvtoolnix, Google knows where it is) to write a copy with only the tracks you want, without ripping a second time.
I'm not. I'll check it out, thanks.

EDIT: Bummer, it seems with the Danish realease, there's no subs for the Intro text. One has to choose Danish Intro text to get any kind of translation. Well, I don't need the subs per say, however, I think this is a let down for people who don't speak / understand English.