Thor Ragnarok 3D Mpls

Everything related to Blu-ray 3D and 3D MKV files
dmillionz

Thor Ragnarok 3D Mpls

Post by dmillionz »

Just wondering if anyone knows which of the 2 playlists is correct? I think this steelbook may have come from SE Asia somewhere.
preserve

Re: Thor Ragnarok 3D Mpls

Post by preserve »

If one of them is 800, that's the one you want. Standard Disney convention.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
dmillionz

Post by dmillionz »

preserve wrote:If one of them is 800, that's the one you want. Standard Disney convention.
Thanks for the response.
tribunal88

Post by tribunal88 »

I have an international steelebook that came with a 3D and normal BR disk included. It has this cover art. The 3D version ripped fine, but I'm having trouble with the 2D version. Keeps erroring out. Do you happen to have the same version? Are you able to rip the 2D disk properly?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

for what it is worth, you can pull "just" a 2D copy from the 3D disk by unselecting the MVC track for the main feature.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
preserve

Post by preserve »

Or if you've already ripped the 3D, you can of course just play the 3D version as 2D, rather than making a second rip.

Just to note though, in most cases I believe there is painting done to both eyes, it's not just one eye is the original image and the second eye is the modified image.

Also, sometimes the 2D and 3D versions have different aspect ratios. (In this case, Thor 3 3D has constantly switching aspect ratios, which the 2D doesn't.)

So for myself, I would always choose to watch the original 2D version as its own thing.

(I experienced no issues with the 2D or 3D disc of my UK import on this one.)
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
tribunal88

Post by tribunal88 »

MakeMKV support indicates this is a read error upstream from the program. They pointed me to this page:
/errors/read/

"The simple workaround is to copy all files from the disc to the hard drive manually, without MakeMKV running. If you succeed in this, there is a fast and simple way to convert such copy into encrypted MakeMKV backup that can be opened by MakeMKV later. See our forum for details."

Can someone direct me to that thread?

UPDATE: Never mind:
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... MKV+backup
dmillionz

Post by dmillionz »

tribunal88 wrote:I have an international steelebook that came with a 3D and normal BR disk included. It has this cover art. The 3D version ripped fine, but I'm having trouble with the 2D version. Keeps erroring out. Do you happen to have the same version? Are you able to rip the 2D disk properly?
I have the exact same disk version as you from my contact in Houston. The 3D ripped perfect. If I have time, I will try the 2D version and get back.
tribunal88

Post by tribunal88 »

dmillionz wrote:
tribunal88 wrote:I have an international steelebook that came with a 3D and normal BR disk included. It has this cover art. The 3D version ripped fine, but I'm having trouble with the 2D version. Keeps erroring out. Do you happen to have the same version? Are you able to rip the 2D disk properly?
I have the exact same disk version as you from my contact in Houston. The 3D ripped perfect. If I have time, I will try the 2D version and get back.
That would be great because I just tried the method from that forum post. Used Robocopy to get the files from the BD to HDD. No errors or failures reported by Robocopy. Then performed the image backup like it said. Canceled it. Copied discatt.dat over and then used the "Open File" in MakeMKV to load the HDD copy as a disk. Got the same result as before (though much earlier in the ripping process). I'm going to send the new log to support to see if they have any insight.
dmillionz

Post by dmillionz »

tribunal88 wrote:
dmillionz wrote:
That would be great because I just tried the method from that forum post. Used Robocopy to get the files from the BD to HDD. No errors or failures reported by Robocopy. Then performed the image backup like it said. Canceled it. Copied discatt.dat over and then used the "Open File" in MakeMKV to load the HDD copy as a disk. Got the same result as before (though much earlier in the ripping process). I'm going to send the new log to support to see if they have any insight.
I tried to rip the 2D version twice and it failed right at the end. I thoroughly cleaned the disk with Leader lens cleaner also after the first fail. I was directed to the MakeMKV Disk Read Error page in the log window. I'm sure glad the 3D version was fine though since that's the version I really wanted and the reason for my purchase.

I hope this helps.
tribunal88

Post by tribunal88 »

dmillionz wrote: I tried to rip the 2D version twice and it failed right at the end. I thoroughly cleaned the disk with Leader lens cleaner also after the first fail. I was directed to the MakeMKV Disk Read Error page in the log window. I'm sure glad the 3D version was fine though since that's the version I really wanted and the reason for my purchase.

I hope this helps.
It does. That is exactly the outcome I had as well. I'll forward this info to support, along with a link to this forum post.
JDLemon

Post by JDLemon »

I found a very simple solution to this on my system. I ran MMKV in single drive access and ran it as administrator. Both of these solved it and i am now able to do a full back up of the Blu-ray 2d
tribunal88

Post by tribunal88 »

JDLemon wrote:I found a very simple solution to this on my system. I ran MMKV in single drive access and ran it as administrator. Both of these solved it and i am now able to do a full back up of the Blu-ray 2d
I'm not in front of my PC just now, but in case I have trouble later, can you point me to where I can find the setting for "single drive access"?
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

tribunal88 wrote:
JDLemon wrote:I found a very simple solution to this on my system. I ran MMKV in single drive access and ran it as administrator. Both of these solved it and i am now able to do a full back up of the Blu-ray 2d
I'm not in front of my PC just now, but in case I have trouble later, can you point me to where I can find the setting for "single drive access"?
Preferences > IO
tribunal88

Post by tribunal88 »

I'm still getting the same failure either with full backup or a rip. Can you tell me if you have any other settings that might be non-default in IO or other areas?