Stargate: Universe Season 1

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Stryker412

Stargate: Universe Season 1

Post by Stryker412 »

I just picked this up and boy is it difficult. The episodes themselves don't have the names of them shown like most of the SG shows. Also, the pilot was broken into 3 parts but there's also an extended pilot that's one file separate from the others. Anyone able to make heads or tails of this? I really want to figure out which episode correlates to which mpls file.
preserve

Re: Stargate: Universe Season 1

Post by preserve »

Yeah, it's things like this where I agree with the requests made by others in the past - if MakeMKV could by default use the playlist or m2ts number (such as pXXXXX or mXXXXX) for naming files instead of the titleXXX or tXXX arbitrary sequential naming, it would become a lot easier to share this type of information, since after I rename my files with the episode number and name, I always keep the tXX for reference, even though its not especially useful in its current format since it has no real correlation to the disc.

I started a TV database once for the specific purpose of making it easier and faster for people to sort out which episodes were which, as a one-source research solution, but I really didn't have the time to work on it.

I have this series but haven't sorted through my rips yet - maybe I'll tackle it tonight. If I do before you do, I'll post the info.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
Stryker412

Post by Stryker412 »

I've seen the show before (when it aired) so I was able to match a few up but mostly by looking at screengrabs on theTVdb. This is going to be insanely tedious for an entire season.
preserve

Post by preserve »

Often the episodes will be on order on the disc. That's when you're lucky.

Unfortunately, no production number at the end of the episodes.

Without episode title or production number, my third fastest choice is just jump to the opening credits, and look to see who wrote and directed that episode, comparing to Wikipedia, which always (for shows I've watched) lists that information:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... e_episodes
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

For tv shows, I always rip them all anyway and they verify with an actual software player to do an A:B comparison and renumber accordingly. Sometimes they're in order, sometimes not. Depends on the tv show and contents of the disc. In general if there are an "extras" on the particular disc you're ripping, the titles will almost always be out of sequence.
Tip: After you're done ripping the titles, do not hit the OK button to acknowledge success. Leave MakeMKV running as it has already "decrypted" the disc and an unlicensed player like Kodi or VLC should be able to run the disc fine.