The Book of Life (English Descriptive Audio)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
austin43085

The Book of Life (English Descriptive Audio)

Post by austin43085 »

Howdy!

This seems to be an issue common with other Blu Ray films. I have multiple Titles that are all about the same size and show the same run time, exact to the official run time of the movie. When this happens I usually copy all and then skip through and see what seems off.

The first Title I tried from 'The Book of Life' had English descriptive audio, wherein visual parts of the scene are narrated for the visually impaired. Convinced that was what was different about that title, I deleted it and checked the others. ALL THREE HAD THIS AUDIO!
I included all English audio tracks for each Title and the same thing, descriptive audio tracks for each one.

Anyone run into this? I thought perhaps encoding in Handbrake might allow to just choose the correct track and "clean it up" but when every track does it I've no clue how to get to just "clean" audio.

I'm at a loss.
Grauhaar

Re: The Book of Life (English Descriptive Audio)

Post by Grauhaar »

Use the "MKVToolNix GUI" and deselect not needed Track oder change the Order of the Tracks. Finaly press Muxxing to create the new MKV file.
Good Luck :)

Post by Woodstock »

It is likely that the audio of the descriptive track had "better specifications" than the movie track, which is why MakeMKV selected it first. There is where having Expert mode turned on and a broader selection criteria come in handy; Grauhaar's solution only works if MakeMKV ripped the OTHER tracks as well.

This topic has more information on expert mode: http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16405

My default selection string is basically "rip everything I'll sort it out later".

app_DefaultSelectionString="-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang"
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
austin43085

Post by austin43085 »

Woodstock wrote: This topic has more information on expert mode: http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16405
Those screenshots look nothing like my version of MakeMKV, namely the big word "BETA" in the header of my program.
I'm wondering if I'm not using a full version of the software?
I'm also realizing for as much as I've been using this software I seem to know very little about it or what I'm doing. (I've ripped like 70% of my home video collection at this point)

I'm also not really sure that thread answered my question. But my general takeaway from your post is to rip the whole disc and sort out what video and audio I need after? What's your preferred program?

Questions on questions on questions on questions....
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Those screen shots were taken from the then-current version of MakeMKV on Windows; There is no difference between "free beta key" and "registered", other than whether or not certain features (BD support) are enabled after 30 days. The program is the same.

You have not said what operating system you're using; there are differences in the "look and feel" between Windows, Linux, and MacOS, although things are mostly in the same place.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging