no audio detected

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
daQuark

no audio detected

Post by daQuark »

I have a number of Bluray discs where audio is not detected by MakeMKV. These are not commercial discs – I burned them from video recorded in Japan. I have verified that the discs will play with audio in a commercial Bluray player. There are actually 2 audio tracks on these discs: stereo English and stereo Japanese. I can select/play either in a bluray player.

I have tried using the “default”, “AAC-stereo” and “FLAC” profiles and the “Perfect” profile from http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5749 because it looked like it must explicitly contain about every audio format ever invented (well…), but no luck.

I tried making a decrypted backup thinking if I knew what the audio format was maybe I could somehow extract it, but apparently there were glitches in the discs I tried because the backups failed.

I've attached a screenshot. I also have a debug log (about 130k) if it would be useful.

Any ideas?
Attachments
MakeMKV_P2_scn.png
MakeMKV_P2_scn.png (64 KiB) Viewed 3199 times
Woodstock

Re: no audio detected

Post by Woodstock »

Check the FAQ link in my signature, and send the requested information to support@makemkv.com for Mike to look at.

Non-commercial disks can be a "special circumstance", because they do not have to comply with industry rules.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging