Blu Ray stalls at very end (Urusei Yatsura Movie 2)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
carlalex

Blu Ray stalls at very end (Urusei Yatsura Movie 2)

Post by carlalex »

Anyone ever see BR rips slow at the very end?

I have one blu ray that seems to stall at the very end of a rip. What I see the first 99.9% of the disk rips just fine, then it slows to an absolute crawl. I can make a full back-up just fine in a normal amount of time, so I don't have any reason to suspect media errors. I see the same problem whether I decrypt from media or on-disk backup. From disk backup I can rip the first part in 2 minutes, but, I after 14 hours it never finished the last GB.

--- Carl
Woodstock

Re: Blu Ray stalls at very end (Urusei Yatsura Movie 2)

Post by Woodstock »

Yes, I've had that happen before, but I followed the procedure outlined in the FAQ link in my signature to start the process to have it resolved. I'm not sure what Mike found, but it was eventually resolved. The FAQ is just the start - I had to provide additional information beyond that.

Less related question: Where did you find the BD versions of Urusei Yatsura? I missed out on getting a complete set of the DVDs a few years ago, and have been waiting for the "remastered" BDs to be available in the US, but no one seems to want to license them...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
carlalex

Post by carlalex »

I think just Movie 2 is available in the US on BD. As an Oshii film, it tends to get more interest. I just bought it on Amazon. You can get the imports, but that gets pricey, so I haven't picked up anything other than this movie on BD. (I didn't miss the DVD set, so I have the complete Animeigo DVD set.)

I missed this in the faq, but I can take a second look; I just skimmed it and saw a lot about media errors, which I do not think is my problem. I've narrowed down the problem to something about one of the audio tracks. If I de-select the problem track, everything rips fine.

--- Carl
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

OK, I'd already gotten movie 2... Drat. The TV and OVA episodes on BD seem to be sold out. I'd actually ordered a "complete DVD set new in package" from an outfit in Chicago, only to find that their website was actually dead, and they'd ceased operations a couple of weeks before.

The FAQ handles what is necessary to START the process. When Mike needs something more specific than the information in the FAQ, he'll ask for it via email. The fact that it creates a backup without error will simplify things.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging