Backup to Blu-ray ISO files

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
solrac42

Backup to Blu-ray ISO files

Post by solrac42 »

Can you write MakeMKV to create blu-ray backups directly into .iso files instead of just (currently) making the blu-ray folders ?
Still Above Ground ...
d00zah

Re: Backup to Blu-ray ISO files

Post by d00zah »

No. If it did, the app would be called 'MakeISO'. 8)

But, you CAN use 'ImgBurn', or some other freeware ('Folder2ISO') to save the folder structure to an .iso.
solrac42

Post by solrac42 »

d00zah wrote:No. If it did, the app would be called 'MakeISO'. 8)

But, you CAN use 'ImgBurn', or some other freeware ('Folder2ISO') to save the folder structure to an .iso.
Yes, I already do this, I just thought it would be more convenient for MakeMKV to do this.
Still Above Ground ...
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Well, I certainly can't speak for Mike, but I'm pretty sure this has been requested more than a few times in the past.

I personally gave up on isos a couple of years back.
preserve

Post by preserve »

That would depend on the playback software you choose, which has nothing to do with MakeMKV.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
joshuagoard

Post by joshuagoard »

If you were to backup a 3d blu ray, then create an Iso, then burn that Iso to a blu ray disc, I think there are issues playing it. I think 3d is the only type of disc this creates an issue for correct?
thetoad

Post by thetoad »

There's really minimal point to MakeMKV attempting to make an ISO, at least for any BD-J disk, as it does nothing to protections that might exist with in the bd-j code. More often than not with BD-J, you'll end up with an ISO that is not playable. Even for non BD-J discs, it wont remove region code protections in the HDMV code and if you try to play it in a different region, again will have problems.