Pioneer Blu-Ray Drive Suggestions

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
jommy

Pioneer Blu-Ray Drive Suggestions

Post by jommy »

I was looking at purchasing a Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD and wanted to know if it is compatible with MakeMKV for 4k Blu-Rays right out of the box. I would go for a BDR-XD07UHD but those are over £400 whilst the BDR-XS07UHD is just £210 and my goal is to spend as little as possible to get into ripping Blu-Rays over DVDs. All I know based on my research is that some Pioneer drives work out of the box for ripping such as the XD07UHD whilst other don't and that only UHD drives can read UHD discs.
Billycar11

Re: Pioneer Blu-Ray Drive Suggestions

Post by Billycar11 »

They are unlikely to work out of the box
Your best bet if your in Europe since you listed price in euro is to buy from Asmcom viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
asmcom

Re: Pioneer Blu-Ray Drive Suggestions

Post by asmcom »

jommy wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:08 am
I was looking at purchasing a Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD and wanted to know if it is compatible with MakeMKV for 4k Blu-Rays right out of the box. I would go for a BDR-XD07UHD but those are over £400 whilst the BDR-XS07UHD is just £210 and my goal is to spend as little as possible to get into ripping Blu-Rays over DVDs. All I know based on my research is that some Pioneer drives work out of the box for ripping such as the XD07UHD whilst other don't and that only UHD drives can read UHD discs.
We have these drives but they are going very quick.

Asmcom
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387