Blu-ray Hostiles ripping in wrong order

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
socker_dad

Blu-ray Hostiles ripping in wrong order

Post by socker_dad »

I have attempted to rip Hostiles several times with a variety of settings and keep getting odd errors - not in the ripping process, but in the resulting MKV file: The order of the frames are occasionally mixed up.

For example: In the meeting with the Colonel and the Harper's Weekly douche bag (roughly 13:25 in) the scenes jump around in order. Later, about the 28-minute mark, just as Captain Blocker is about to enter the burnt-out house, the scene cuts back to the meeting scene, then after a few moments, back to where it was. I've tried this several times with different input files (there are roughly 390) and get the same results.

Any suggestions???
Woodstock

Re: Blu-ray Hostiles ripping in wrong order

Post by Woodstock »

Finding the correct title to rip would be the key. It sounds like you've picked a Lionsgate obfuscated disk, and haven't found the correct title to rip.

Did you not get a suggestion from MakeMKV?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Nucleus

Post by Nucleus »

socker_dad wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:35 am
I've tried this several times with different input files (there are roughly 390) and get the same results.
See links in my sig, identifying and ripping the correct title. This one and this one.

As @Woodstock has mentioned, typical of a Lionsgate playlist obfuscation. Scroll down first link to "An Update To This:".
Windows:
Identifying The Correct Title To Rip: Process Monitor Method - GetMPLS Method
Mux/Remux: Set A Subtitle Stream On By Default (Forced)
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

A couple of other threads about Hostiles:

Hostiles - Playlist Obfuscation

Hostiles correct playlist