Command line paramters for makemkvcon(64)

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
ECLIPS3

Command line paramters for makemkvcon(64)

Post by ECLIPS3 »

I was wondering if it was possible to get a list of every command line paramter that makemkvcon (64) supports and what that parameter does. I found a list here: http://www.makemkv.com/developers/usage.txt but I have a feeling that it is only a partial list of all the parameters that the program supports.

Thanks!
GJones

Re: Command line paramters for makemkvcon(64)

Post by GJones »

Many of us do not use MakeMKV, but only makemkvcon. Without using the GUI (for a number of reasons), we cannot give a list of titles to rip, include only forced subtitles, or describe which audio streams to include.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

IIRC, a short while ago, "mike admin" stated that he was working on providing an enhanced listing of available commands...

GJones

Post by GJones »

I've seen no update on this. Just the ability to pull only DTS core audio and only forced subs would be a vast improvement.
GJones

Post by GJones »

I am still hoping for an update soon.
LaundroMat

Post by LaundroMat »

You can find all information on the command line parameters at http://www.makemkv.com/developers/usage.txt.
traxxus

Post by traxxus »

Hi!

My idea is to insert an bluray disc an start the batch file.
But how i can choose which audio language, which stream and subtitle language?
SteigerDynamics

Post by SteigerDynamics »

This issue seems to go back a ways, so I'm not hopeful that it will be addressed, but add me to the list of people who would like to see better command line functionality. I'm an engineer for an HTPC manufacturer, and we're interested in offering a one-click ripping solution in our systems. We'd like to be able to automatically choose 3D video if it's present on the disc, and we'd also like the audio to default to 7.1 (rather than the current 5.1 default). If the command line interface was more fleshed out, we'd be able to roll this out and hopefully sell a lot of copies of MakeMKV.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

You're prepared for being sued by the MPAA crazies for "inducing" copyright infringrement with this feature?
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
xwlwx

Post by xwlwx »

Just wanted to post saying that I am also interested in having more-complete command-line documentation and options for personal use, as I would like to have a fully functional, gui-less installation of makemkv.