Adding Keys?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
etc6849

Re: Adding Keys?

Post by etc6849 »

Ok, I needed an UHD "friendly" drive, and not a real UHD drive. Apparently, this method of using MakeMKV to rip the video will not work with an actual UHD drive.

Good news is I have two friendly drives coming from Amazon :)

This was verified here: https://club.myce.com/t/blu-ray-volume- ... /399695/46
and here:
https://www.myce.com/news/list-72-aacs- ... net-83205/

Hopefully these key leaks keep coming ;)
etc6849 wrote:I tried that too a few days back. It doesn't decrypt the main playlist. DeUHD downloads and caches over 230MB+ for each disc, so there is obviously a lot more to this then just a few keys.

I agree though, it can open the disc with this method, but that is as far as I got. I'm using an older PC with the new LG 4k UHD internal drive from Fry's. I'm not sure if this is part of my issue (no Intel SGX support), but I'm not wasting anymore time on this until some of you post screen shots of your success and what specific hardware you are using.
Metallikahn wrote:Ok, So what I did was just download the "KEYDB.cfg" linked in this post on doom9: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p ... ost1823531

Open the cfg file with notepad and then copy/pasted all the keys listed in this post on doom9: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p ... ost1826296

Save the file in the MakeMKV data directory (which appears to be under "C:/users/username/.MakeMKV" by default).

I just loaded in the UHD of Deadpool and it opened it just like any other disc and I'm currently ripping it as normal. Estimating about 30 minutes total. I'll update on my success! :D
Kyocere

Post by Kyocere »

I can also confirm this is working perfectly. I am using the LG WH16NS40. One thing to remember as been reported in a few places, if you open the disc and let it sit for 2 minutes before starting it will get stuck and you need to re-insert the disc. Otherwise this is wonderful. Iv'e included a snip of Labyrinth being saved!
Attachments
Labyrinth.JPG
Labyrinth.JPG (118.46 KiB) Viewed 30227 times
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Pardon the interference, but couple points:
  • please do not post the keys here, at least for now.
  • before asking the questions "how can i get keys for my particular disc" please do read the very first sticky post in this forum. It is not that hard - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 12&t=16765
Thanks.
Metallikahn

Post by Metallikahn »

Hi Mike,

Just wondering if it would be Ok to start a new post, "List of UHD Movies with Available Keys", that just listed which UHD movies from which regions had keys available with a master link to either the Makemkv FAQ or a link to the doom9 post at the top of the thread? (no actual keys posted, just a quick reference to which movies have been verified as rippable)

Something like:

Angry Birds (US Release) ripped with LG WH16NS40 1.02
Deadpool (US Release) ripped with LG WH16NS40 1.02
Deepwater Horizon (US Release) ripped with LG WH16NS40 1.02
Expendables 3 (US Release) ripped with LG WH16NS40 1.02
Ghostbusters (US Release) ripped with LG WH16NS40 1.02
Ghostbusters 2 (US Release) ripped with LG WH16NS40 1.02
Mad Max Fury Road (US Release) ripped with LG WH16NS40 1.02
danBoi2016

Post by danBoi2016 »

Any NEW aacs 2.0 keys plz private message me/post below thanks
ekpen49

Post by ekpen49 »

danBoi2016 wrote:Any NEW aacs 2.0 keys plz private message me/post below thanks
+1 also.

Thanks.
George
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

If you read a couple messages above, Mike, you know, the guy who's created this wonderful piece of software and is the forum admin, has requested that keys NOT be posted at this time (http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... =30#p58636). Please contain your zeal and respect his request.
goaliebob99

Post by goaliebob99 »

I also have had success ripping raw UHD ISO files of movies that I made ISO files to back up. Now that I can rip the ISO files, into playable MKV's I'm a happy camper. Now I can put the UHD disks in the attic and keep them away from kids who like to scratch disks. Just need more Disney content! :)
preserve

Post by preserve »

ekpen49 wrote:+1 also.
As already mentioned, Mike doesn't want keys posted here. The best bet right now is to just bookmark the doom9 link and visit it every so often, such as today ;) It's not that hard, there's no reason for anyone to need to spend time PMing you.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
ekpen49

Post by ekpen49 »

preserve wrote:
ekpen49 wrote:+1 also.
As already mentioned, Mike doesn't want keys posted here. The best bet right now is to just bookmark the doom9 link and visit it every so often, such as today ;) It's not that hard, there's no reason for anyone to need to spend time PMing you.
Sorry, I wrote that before your post.
In fact Mike is aware of my dumps.
I will be sending a few more to him this weekend.

Thanks.

George
etc6849

Post by etc6849 »

It's working :) The ASUS BW-16D1HT drive works great. The $50 I paid for MakeMKV a few years ago was well worth it to say the least.

I know most use MakeMKV for free, but everyone should consider registering and paying for MakeMKV. To be honest, the support alone is worthy of more than $50, because I've never had a post Mike didn't answer.
etc6849 wrote:Ok, I needed an UHD "friendly" drive, and not a real UHD drive. Apparently, this method of using MakeMKV to rip the video will not work with an actual UHD drive.

Good news is I have two friendly drives coming from Amazon :)
Metallikahn

Post by Metallikahn »

Ender's Game (US Release) - Ripped
Magnificeint 7 (US Release) - Ripped

Still no go on Billy Lynn (US Release)
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

Metallikahn wrote:Hi Mike,

Just wondering if it would be Ok to start a new post, "List of UHD Movies with Available Keys", that just listed which UHD movies from which regions had keys available with a master link to either the Makemkv FAQ or a link to the doom9 post at the top of the thread? (no actual keys posted, just a quick reference to which movies have been verified as rippable)

Something like:

Angry Birds (US Release) ripped with LG WH16NS40 1.02
Deadpool (US Release) ripped with LG WH16NS40 1.02
Deepwater Horizon (US Release) ripped with LG WH16NS40 1.02
Expendables 3 (US Release) ripped with LG WH16NS40 1.02
Ghostbusters (US Release) ripped with LG WH16NS40 1.02
Ghostbusters 2 (US Release) ripped with LG WH16NS40 1.02
Mad Max Fury Road (US Release) ripped with LG WH16NS40 1.02
I'm still having a problem so far my LG WH16NS40 1.02 drive does nothing when I load a UHD disc. Do I need a program to correctly unpack the KEYDB.cfg file? So far I have copied the unzipped single file to both the Makemkv programs folder and the one in the Makemkv users file. I get nothing. May be because my drive is 6 or 7 years old or more.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Unfortunately, you need to open your computer and look at the tag on the drive - if it doesn't say "NS50" on it, you're not going to be able to read UHD disks.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

I'm all but positive that my drive won't work even the picture posted on DeUHD of a WH16NS40 looks different. I ordered a Asus BW-16D1HT so it should fix my issue.