Registration

Everything related to MakeMKV
Falloutboy

Registration

Post by Falloutboy »

I want to register your product ; however your payment provider is trying to charge G.S.T which is far as I am aware is not legal unless:

1) They are G.S.T registered in New Zealand.
2) They expect sales of your product in NEW ZEALAND to exceed $60,000 in a given year or have exceeded this amount in sales.
3) They are sending a physical copy of the product.

I don't have any problems at all purchasing your product but absolutely REFUSE to pay the G.S.T because I highly doubt that your payment provider meets the three above critera.

Do you have some other way, quite happy to send money via Paypal - no issues whatsoever.
Woodstock

Re: Registration

Post by Woodstock »

Payment policies (including the inclusion of any taxes) are set by the payment processor, Avangate. Since they're collecting the funds for Mike, and it is likely that they do process payments for others that push their totals over the 60K NZD limit. You would have to ask them about it, though.

PayPal refuses to process payments for MakeMKV, having tagged it as a "piracy tool" some years back. That's why there is no PP option for payment.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Falloutboy

Post by Falloutboy »

I would rather directly transfer currency into mikes bank account than pay G.S.T for an item which can not be purchased in my own country because no ones stocks mikes software.

I am not a pirate I am format shifting my video collection to raid to avoid bit rot and physical damage to the disks.

However I think your payment provider may be under the effects of a slight piece of misinformation - they are processing payments for multiple companies yes? what we are talking about is mike himself achieving $60000 in sales to New Zealand customers it does not matter how much in sales his payment provider does overall for all sales overall it matters how much of that mikes product gets.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Again, Mike (the program's owner and author) chose Avangate, and Avangate have their policies.

If you think Avangate has not properly consulted with the tax authorities in a particular country, that is certainly possible. Corresponding with Avangate's legal team might be advantageous, especially with citations of the particular regulations included.

However, further discussion of those polices on the board here will affect Avangate's polices to the extent of nil -1, since they aren't here.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Falloutboy

Post by Falloutboy »

Well someone might like to pass on to Mike that while I was quite happy to pay him for her marvelous work that I have been cock blocked by his payment gateway - so I will continue to use his software freely.

I did wish to pay you mike but I am not going to pay my government money that they are not entitled to and as far as I am concerned if I can't buy it here in my country they don't get tax end of story.