Rick and Morty Season 1 - Can anyone rip the 7th title?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
JohnnyPhantom

Rick and Morty Season 1 - Can anyone rip the 7th title?

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

Hey Everyone,
I've been using MakeMKV for years and currently in the process of buying in (need to go to 7-11 to finalize payment, since my card isn't working when I try to pay online)
anyway, a year or so ago I was able to rip Rick and Morty Season 1 Blu-ray with MakeMKV for my PLEX server. Now I'm redoing some of the movies I ripped in a better quality. So I was able to rip Seasons 2 and 3 with no issues. With Season 1, there's 2 titles I cannot rip with MakeMKV that I was able to a year or so ago.

Most importantly its the 7th title "Rick_and_Morty_Season_1_t07.mkv" that I cannot rip, here's what I've done so far. I tried on a total of 5 blu ray drives on both mac and PC, 2 are internal and about 10 years old, the next 2 are a week old, also internal, and the last 1 is about 4 years old and external. On both Mac and PC and all the drives it gets to file size 1010.9 M and then fails. I figured maybe the disc has gotten damage in that spot (even though it looks brand new to me) so I went and purchased a new copy of Rick and Morty Season 1 on Blu-ray and its the same exact issue with the same exact title and the same file size. I'm wondering if it's something new with the latest version(s) of MakeMKV?

Can anyone else rip the 7th title of this Blu-ray which is called "Rick_and_Morty_Season_1_t07.mkv"

the other title on the discs I can't rip is 11, "Rick_and_Morty_Season_1_t11.mkv" which is a combination of all the episodes in 1 large files, it to fails (was hoping to rip that and just isolate the episode I need, no luck).

I contacted Amazon for a replacement disc (just incase, I'll try a 3rd copy) and I'm hoping once I registered the program, I can also try a older version of MakeMKV and see if that works.
Last edited by JohnnyPhantom on Thu May 31, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodstock

Re: Rick and Morty Season 1 - Can anyone rip the 8th title?

Post by Woodstock »

What errors are you getting in the log?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
JohnnyPhantom

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

DEBUG: Code 45048000 at >zDXjGiY3s16ZQDqT{c:121265844
DEBUG: Code 0 at @Y6eZnH[8ffZ*B-78<ya>:213135550
LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: Error in p->FetchFrames(1,false)
Failed to save title 7 to file /Users/jarpin/Movies/Rick_and_Morty_Season_1/Rick_and_Morty_Season_1_t07.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Have you cleaned the disk? Storage allows chemicals on the case to migrate to the disks, and sometimes leaves a film that is "almost" transparent.... Until you take a damp, soft cloth to it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
JohnnyPhantom

Re: Rick and Morty Season 1 - Can anyone rip the 7th title?

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

I have, several times to both discs.
I find it weird that it's the same exact spot on both discs, purchased a year+ apart (both purchased new, no preowned)
JohnnyPhantom

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

Hmm, I tried several past versions and same thing. Stops at 1010.9mb when saving that 1 title from the disc. Weird, not sure what to try next. I even bumped the retry count to 100 and wont go a fraction further.
JohnnyPhantom

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

I found this, looks like I'm not alone, https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopi ... =8&t=16379 seems it's a subtitle issue with that episode? I'll try ripping it without the forced subtitles, and if not, then with no subtitles. weird.. guess it hasn't been fixed since that post.
JohnnyPhantom

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

yup, remove all subtitles and it rips... hmmmm...