How to chose the right title?

Everything related to MakeMKV
balforth

How to chose the right title?

Post by balforth »

I was ripping Toy Story 3 last night, and there were 3 titles all either 23gb or 33 gb (can't remember exactly). Needless to say, they were all the same size. I had no idea which one to select -- I just wanted the plain old movie. So I randomly chose the first one. After it completed, I loaded it up and it had subtitles.

Is there some way to distinguish which title is the main movie?
Goldengoose7

Re: How to chose the right title?

Post by Goldengoose7 »

Did you drill down into the file and have a look at what is contained in the title? Click the arrow to display the directory tree and this will provide a list of files inside the main title header. You can also uncheck stuff you don't need such as other languages and such. (setting MakeMKV prefs to ENGLISH will do a lot of that for you automatically)

Check this page for more info:

http://www.makemkv.com/onlinehelp/
setarip_old

Re: How to chose the right title?

Post by setarip_old »

@balforth

Hi!

As with most Disney videos, the three files have nothing to do with the subtitles being turned on.The only difference between the three files is what language is used, English, French, or Spanish (usually in that order) in graphics displayed during playback - such as the wording on carton packed for college.

Regarding subtitles, just turn them on or off using onscreen menu settings or your remote...