Key dump submission process

Everything related to MakeMKV
etPhoneHome

Key dump submission process

Post by etPhoneHome »

Just curious - why does MakeMKV not include a built-in mechanism for submitting key dumps for unknown volumes? Email seems like a very manual process to require.
Woodstock

Re: Key dump submission process

Post by Woodstock »

Most likely because that routing from MakeMKV to the user, rather than user to MakeMKV.

Something going TO a vendor is more problematic than something coming FROM a vendor. A great many people (myself included) do not like software that automagically sends stuff out.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
pipo233

Post by pipo233 »

@make: This could be a optional setting, check it if you want to submit unknown disks?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Yes. it could be possible to change this, but...

I see it as a confidence level thing, myself. It you had to do it for every disk you inserted, it would be a REAL pain, but I'd still prefer knowing when a program was contacting someone outside my control. I'm just a bit paranoid about such thing, and have VERY few apps that make contact with someone without my express control. Which means I have VERY few apps, period.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

It could simply ask the user in a dialog if they want to submit it with yes/no options. At some point I may write my own little app to monitor the directory and auto submit them myself. If I get ambitious enough. It's not a difficult program to write.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk