iS MAKEMKV REALLY WHAT i NEED?

Everything related to MakeMKV
shababno

iS MAKEMKV REALLY WHAT i NEED?

Post by shababno »

I've run the program a few times now. If I only what the main title(s) it seems to work fine and I can play it on JRiver ok. But, I have a large number of concert BR/DVDs with menu setlists that seem to be ignored when I try to play the mkv's. Is makemkv the right tool for that and I using it or the player incorrectly or should I be using something else, e.g. AnyDVDHD?
Smithcraft

Re: iS MAKEMKV REALLY WHAT i NEED?

Post by Smithcraft »

Well, MakeMKV can backup the whole disc like AnyDVD HD can, but as you know MakeMKV can also just mux individual parts into their own files which AnyDVD HD can not do.

SC
ltm82

Post by ltm82 »

For example Anydvd HD can backup the Blu ray as ISO that Makemkv can't do.

Using Makemkv I have tried with different 3D movie for example to use the backup function and with a free sw i have tried to create an iso file but powerdvd13 can't read it. I suppose that there is other protection that MakeMKV can't bypass.

With Anydvd i can backup the 3D blu ray to an ISO. At the moment is the only method to backup this movie and reading it with Powerdvd 12/13.

In Makemkv the function to backup 3D in a MKV file is at the moment a function a little bit effectless if you use Cyberlink sw or other sw.

How many sw can read correctly this mkv 3D?

ltm82
shababno

Post by shababno »

Do you have to do something extra to use both makemkv and AnyDVDHD?
dwaynnyt

Post by dwaynnyt »

Bottom line, if you are looking to make MKV's, this is the best software to use since this is their specialty. If your file formats are random, I would suggest give AnyDVDHD a "try".
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

ltm82 wrote:For example Anydvd HD can backup the Blu ray as ISO that Makemkv can't do.
Which is probably why it's called MakeMKV rather than MakeISO.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
ltm82

Post by ltm82 »

Chetwood wrote:
ltm82 wrote:For example Anydvd HD can backup the Blu ray as ISO that Makemkv can't do.
Which is probably why it's called MakeMKV rather than MakeISO.
yes I know but the user has asked the difference between the two programs.

In particular the backup option in makemkv it does not work with the 3D Bluray if you make an ISO (Using a free tool) with the decripted files by MAKEMKV.

moreover as i have reported above the option to backup the 3D in a MKV file at the moment is very limitated by the player that it does not recognise this format. In my case the Cyberlink sw but i suppose that others sw can't read it

ltm82