Thank you

Everything related to MakeMKV
baspd

Thank you

Post by baspd »

I just want to say thank you guys for this program to allow me to digitise my DVD/Blu Ray collection. Now need to go buy a bigger external HD :lol:. Its much appreciated and I can watch movies off my tablet now. So thanks once again.
Woodstock

Re: Thank you

Post by Woodstock »

Not just bigger, MORE. Even with using Handbrake to shrink the size of the files, single drives just are not big enough.

You will learn! :)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Meh, I have my entire library on a single drive and it works fine for me. It just really depends on the size of your collection…
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

What the family watches fits comfortably on 2TB. Of course, the drive in that server is only 1TB, so things have to be moved around occasionally.

What I watch over and above that went over the 3TB mark a month or two ago. Still working on resolving the issue that the server is limited to 2TB drives...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

I thought I would just put the stuff I liked on a drive, and still use discs for the random stuff.

I found it much easier to just put everything on the drive, and archive the discs. I went from a 1TB drive to three 1TB drives and ran out of electrical outlets!

I have a FireWire JBoD now, but next I'm looking for a NAS and move almost all my external storage for the computers in the house to the NAS.

SC