Pay for Beta Software??

Everything related to MakeMKV
ron spencer

Pay for Beta Software??

Post by ron spencer »

I notice that this proggy is still beta via about tab and on web page...yet it is being charged for?

What is status of development...when is beta over???? Why charge for beta???
crowfax

Re: Pay for Beta Software??

Post by crowfax »

No one is being charged for anything yet. At what point using the program were you asked for money?
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
ron spencer

Post by ron spencer »

it asked me to register to get full functionality....
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

ron spencer wrote:it asked me to register to get full functionality....
... or start evaluation. Evaluation will not expire while the program is in beta. But you have a chance to show your support and register the current version if you like - your registartion key will be valid forever.
Barleyman

Post by Barleyman »

50? + 9.95 tax is bit stiff considering I already have Anydvd HD for on-the-fly BD decrypting and just use makemkv as a convenient way to add subs to some movies.. You can use .srt/.sub subtitles with mkv files, so..

Oh well, there are some free tools to do the BD=>MKV step for decrypted media.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

I'm almost certainly going to end up buying it so long as the Linux version keeps up with the Windows version in terms of functionality.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
MilesAhead

Post by MilesAhead »

mike admin wrote:
ron spencer wrote:it asked me to register to get full functionality....
... or start evaluation. Evaluation will not expire while the program is in beta. But you have a chance to show your support and register the current version if you like - your registartion key will be valid forever.
I took the plunge. Please keep improving this software. So far it's the only really straight-forward "pay once" solution I've seen.