Open VOB's

Everything related to MakeMKV
fofwp

Open VOB's

Post by fofwp »

Hello,

Great software. I was looking for a software that can convert a DVD to mkv without any video or audio conversion.

I have a question and a feature request.

Question: Does your software take into account the delay in an audio track?

Feature request: Allow VOB's to be opened and converted. I have some DVD's that I dumped into a single vob file, and discarded the IFO file. I want to convert these to mkv, however, I cannot open the vob.
mike admin

Re: Open VOB's

Post by mike admin »

fofwp wrote: Question: Does your software take into account the delay in an audio track?
Short answer - yes. Long answer - MakeMKV synchs audio/video using timecode information from source, so it automatically processes initial audio delay or any audio gaps.
fofwp wrote:Feature request: Allow VOB's to be opened and converted. I have some DVD's that I dumped into a single vob file, and discarded the IFO file. I want to convert these to mkv, however, I cannot open the vob.
This is something that is very hard to do. IFOs contain important information that can't be easily reconstructed. You may try to manually demux VOB file and remux to MKV with mkvtoolnix, but it is very manual and time-consuming process.