Wrong size video

Everything related to MakeMKV
Danger

Wrong size video

Post by Danger »

Getting a bit frustrated with this. The problem is I am ripping some old TV episodes from DVD, Daniel Boone to be exact. Anyway on one disc there are 4 episodes, 3 of which rip to MKV at the correct 4:3 (640x480). When I look at the DVD with DVDRemake, I see all 4 episodes at 720x480 aspect 4:3. All 4 say exactly the same thing BUT when I rip to MKV the 3rd episode on the disc always comes out stretched to widescreen with MakeMKV, I`ve tried resetting this by remuxing in MKVMerge but it still comes out widescreen. I`ve tried a direct rip to MKV using just MKVMerge as well, same result. It`s just the one episode, all the rest are fullscreen as they should be.

Help is greatly appreciated.
NomadCF

Re: Wrong size video

Post by NomadCF »

When you tired ripping it directly with mmg (MKVMerge), did you happen to look at the "Format specific options" and see if the display width and height or aspect ratio where set ?

Have you my chance tried to play the DVD straight, and make sure that EP plays out (like normal) ?
Danger

Post by Danger »

The episode in question does play fullscreen as it should from the DVD.

The info from mmg shows a display width/height of 853x480, which doesn't seem right either since even if it was suppose to be
widescreen it should be 720x480.

I have tried changing the Aspect Ration to 4:3, and then display width/height to 640x480, both failed to do anything.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Try using mediainfo to display properties of both MKV files and see if any difference shows up. It is very likely wrong video encoding.