LOTR and MakeMKV 1.5.3

Everything related to MakeMKV
ragboy

LOTR and MakeMKV 1.5.3

Post by ragboy »

So I was using 1.5.2, and I finally got my preordered LOTR BR trilogy yesterday. Whole family has been waiting for this one. Well, fellowship gets part way through, and I get errors like this

Error 'Posix error - Input/output error' occured while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts' at offset '12210733056'
DEBUG: Code 0 at y,ns[O%:BgEm8#TT:213136769

and then a fatal error and it quits. I clean the disk, try again, no go. I power up VMware and launch my XP Rip VM with anydvd and such, anydvd needs an upgrade, upgrade to latest, it chokes also. Bummer. I have to send my discs back, I am hoping its a bad disk and not a unbreakable disk. I ripped the other titles, no problem with 1.5.2. Then I noticed 1.5.3 came out, it gave the same error above, but only once, and continued, and my mkv seems complete, and playable. I will know if it is perfect when I watch it. This is the first time I have found a BR that works with makemkv and NOT with latest anydvd. Very cool.

Also, nice to see on makemkv 1.5.3 my optical discs are still accessible, seems to not be forcing into direct access mode.

Great job.
mike admin

Re: LOTR and MakeMKV 1.5.3

Post by mike admin »

Very likely a physically damaged disc. You may want to increase "IO error retry count" in preferences to a value close to 25.
ragboy

Re: LOTR and MakeMKV 1.5.3

Post by ragboy »

Yes, I think it is damaged.

One thing I did notice in 1.5.3, I can't eject the disc anymore from within makemkv. It is not using direct access, which is great, but won't eject using makemkv eject button or OS buttons, it will just dismount. So I have to quit makemkv, use finder to eject, put in another disk and then start makemkv again.