UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar

Everything related to MakeMKV
mike admin

UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar

Post by mike admin »

As many of you have noticed, MakeMKV fails to process recent BD+ protected discs, namely Avatar. Many changes in this new BD+ code specifically target MakemKV SVM/SVQ engine. Rest assured, this BD+ update will be supported very soon. Please continue to send BD+ tgz dumps to svq@makemkv.com . Thank you for your patience.

UPDATE2:
Thank you for sending all requested information - SVQ file for Avatar is available, there is no need to send any files.

UPDATE1:
Modifications to handle new BD+ are in final stage; the new program version should be available approximately in a week.

Everyone, who have sent a tgz dump file to svq@makemkv.com - thank you, you have made the coming update happen. However, more information is needed. The new BD+ code uses a radically new approach and certain file that is required for proper SVQ generation is not packaged into TGZ by current version of MakeMKV. If you have sent the tgz dump to svq@makemkv.com, please send additional file from the disc to the same address. The file in question is 77001.jar and can be found in BDMV/JAR folder on the disc. If you can't access any files on the disc, you can create raw disc backup ( by selecting "backup" from File menu and un-checking "decrypt video files" in backup dialog ) and copy the file from there.

When sending this file to svq@makemkv.com also mention the filename of original tgz dump file, for example
77001.jar for dump_Avatar_27ABDD19AE93BC8A.tgz
There is no need to send a TGZ dump second time.

Once again, Thank you for your patience.
Muzer

Re: UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar, more info needed

Post by Muzer »

Sent my jar as requested! I really want to watch Avatar :P
alehel

Post by alehel »

Avatar was released today in Norway. First thing I did was send the needed info off for processing :D

Keep up the great work.
jonbreen2000

Post by jonbreen2000 »

Just sent my 2 files in !

Thanks for your hard work.
DJ HEKTOR

Post by DJ HEKTOR »

Hi, i'm from Spain. I have the same problem with Avatar Blu-Ray. I have sent the two files to svq@makemkv.com.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

The new program version 1.5.5 and http://www.makemkv.com/svq/avatar.svq are availabe for download.
DJ HEKTOR

Re: UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar

Post by DJ HEKTOR »

Sorry...i have the same problem using new version 1.5.5. Any ideas??????
DJ HEKTOR

Post by DJ HEKTOR »

When i try to open the blu-ray of Avatar appears the next message :

MakeMKV v1.5.5 beta win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded 1 SVQ file(s)
Processing BD+ code, please be patient - this may take up to few minutes
Processing BD+ code using generic SVQ from allcombo.svq
Failed to process BD+ code using generic SVQ from allcombo.svq
Saved BD+ dump file as C:/Program Files (x86)/MakeMKV/dump_Avatar_C0445C927196D56A.tgz
Failed to process BD+ code, please check http://www.makemkv.com/svq/ for updated program and SVQ files
Failed to open disc

What happens with this Blu-Ray ???
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@DJHEKTOR

Hi!

You also have to download and install "avatar.svq" in the sasme folder/directory that you previously installed "allcombo.svq"...
DJ HEKTOR

Post by DJ HEKTOR »

Hi! Thanks for your help, but where is the avatar.svq file???

Thanks.
DJ HEKTOR

Post by DJ HEKTOR »

OK...thanks. I have downloaded the avatar.svq and now all is ok.

Thanks.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

You're quite welcome ;>}
Muzer

Post by Muzer »

Thank you so much - it's in the process of ripping right now, then I'll be watching obsessively...
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Will the svq file always be needed? MakeMKV won't be able to crack the disc without it like it does for other blu-ray discs?
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@crowfax

Hi!
Will the svq file always be needed? MakeMKV won't be able to crack the disc without it like it does for other blu-ray discs?
MakeMKV has used the .SVQ file methodology for dealing with the "BD+" add-on protection since the first time "BD+" appeared on a BluRay disc. Thusfar, only 20th Century Fox has used BD+ on some of its BluRay discs.

You presently have installed a generic .SVQ file named "allcombo.svq" that, until the release of the "Avatar" BluRay disc, was capable of handling ALL BD+ protected BluRay discs. Before the release of the "allcombo.svq", periodic .SVQ files were made available (based on user-submitted "dump" files created AUTOMATICALLY by MakeMKV) to deal with new BD+ schemes.

The concept of user-submitted, automatically created "Dump" files being the source for overcoming BD+ protection is ingenious ;>}