No one wants to help!

Everything related to MakeMKV
Westie69

No one wants to help!

Post by Westie69 »

hi i have posted asking for help on other forums with no real help i have turned to makmkv which in tend on tryin this evening and maybe buying if i can get on with here is my orginal post

Hi,

ill start off by sayin hello and give you a little run down on what im trying to achive i have just attempted my first blu-ray to mkv i achived this by following this link but i have a couple of questions that id like to ask.

http://www.recipester.org/Recipe:Rip_Bl ... s_19862345

the video i was converting was Inglourious Basterds BluRay.

my main goal was to not touch the the video ie keep the same quality as the source i.e Blu-Ray 1080p & not worry about output file size.

i converted the DTS HD audio as per the link but i only seem to get audio out of my centre speaker? (on a 5.1 system) my amp is this one in the link below i connect via optical(SPDIF) & i no my amp can decode the following pro logic 2 & DTS Neo 6. why could it be that the audio is only like stereo and not 5.1?

http://www.denon.co.uk/site/popup/index.php?Pid=256

Second qestion thats bugging me is i followed the settings in the link at the top of my post to convert my BluRay to Mkv but when it came to ripbot i set the Kbps to around 8000
(i carnt remember the actual value but the one above 6367)

Does that make the end result better picture quality because i used a higher Kbps?
(also didnt use the resolution shown in the link as that is 1280x720 i went with 1280x1080)

and thirdly when ripbot was chomping away putting the audio/video together the bottom status text showed the following

220091 Frames 10.26fps 8384kbps (obviously the fps were changing)

but the qestion i have about this is, does this fps here just display how may fps ripbot is doing at that current time, or is it displaying what the end result will be becuse i thought higher fps was better? slightly confused!

Thanks Guys/Girls Look Forward to lean more in this field of Knowledge

Adam.

So what im after is a simpler way to create mkv's with the orginal bluray picture quality & the best posible sound for my current amp.
(and the file size at the min doesnt bother me i will learn how to shrink it at a later date with a program like handbreak)

Pls Pls some one point me in the right direction for this setup with makemkv (i have already ripped the bluray to my harddrive with anydvd HD)
Krobar

Re: No one wants to help!

Post by Krobar »

Hi,

If you want to keep the audio and video at full quality you should not need Ripbot. Just download Makemkv and the MKVs it outputs should have full quality video and audio (About 15-35GB in size for a Bluray). Just rip the DTSHD audio tracks and your Amp will play the DTS core (This is 1.5mbit DTS and the best digital sound you will get for your surround receiver).
Westie69

Post by Westie69 »

brill thanks exactly what i was looking for i will try makemkv tonight just out of intrest how much is makemkv in ? GBP and is the licence forever or just a years supscription (if forever do you get free software version updates)

ps if i was looking to compress the mkv afterwards has any one got a link to a sticky or guide that would be helfull as ive only ever herd of handbrake!
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@Westie69

Hi!

First things first. Try MakeMKV and see if it meets your expectations. If it does (and it will), you should then seek out websites that are specifically related to compressing high definition videos, such as:

http://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?f=78
Westie69

Post by Westie69 »

Well all i can say is im amazed how quick & easy this software is to use over the first method i tryed now all ive got to do is lean the correct procedure to get the files a little smaller with out losing to much quality thanks for the doom9 link ive just signed up but carnt post until you have been a user for 5 days guess ill be reading all the stickes then!

any way before i go i have one final question when i point makemkv at the ripped bluray on my harddrive it comes up with the error box saying

"This functionalty is sharware you may evaluate it for 30days after that you will need to purchase an activation key if you like the fuctionalty do you want to start the evaluation period now?"

is this warning just saying that after 30 days this method im using will not work unless i pay for it ?
and say for some reason i decided i didnt want to purchase the software would it render the mkv's i have already made unplayerable?

Thanks Adam
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

is this warning just saying that after 30 days this method im using will not work unless i pay for it ?
and say for some reason i decided i didnt want to purchase the software would it render the mkv's i have already made unplayerable?

Read the information at the following link:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053