Sicario (2105) - Which playlist

Everything related to MakeMKV
seussiii

Re: Sicario (2105) - Which playlist

Post by seussiii »

nickbuol wrote:Did you try this method?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlhBmIbReao

I don't have the movie (yet) otherwise I would help you with the retail copy, but I've used the steps in that video in the past with reasonably good results.
I tried this.... I think i did it correctly... It showed me 00005.mpls for the red version. I have not watched it yet. Can anyone confirm?
nickbuol

Post by nickbuol »

Is it true that all rental versions (Redbox, Netflix, Family Video, etc) are just Dolby Digital 5.1 and not Dolby TrueHD 7.1 / Atmos?

I saw some screenshots at another site (that also was saying 945 was the right playlist for all known versions) but they also showed just DD 5.1 for the English audio instead of the advertised TrueHD 7.1 that you would expect with the retail.

I haven't gotten the movie at all yet, and was thinking about just renting it since I don't actually know anyone who has seen it, but if the audio is just DD5.1, then I will have to decide if it is worth the purchase price to get the better audio.
jhughy2010

Post by jhughy2010 »

dpunder wrote:This is the segment map from source 945.mpls of the red box version:

Segment map: 502,513,515,508,512,504,509,506,505,510,518,519,514,507,503,511,501,520,516,517

Can someone with Netflix version compare?
Yes it is the same. Netflix 945.mpls is same as Redbox 945.mpls.

I can confirm 945.mpls is the right one.... I watched the movie last night. Good movie!

Post by 996911 »

nickbuol wrote:Is it true that all rental versions (Redbox, Netflix, Family Video, etc) are just Dolby Digital 5.1 and not Dolby TrueHD 7.1 / Atmos?

I saw some screenshots at another site (that also was saying 945 was the right playlist for all known versions) but they also showed just DD 5.1 for the English audio instead of the advertised TrueHD 7.1 that you would expect with the retail.

I haven't gotten the movie at all yet, and was thinking about just renting it since I don't actually know anyone who has seen it, but if the audio is just DD5.1, then I will have to decide if it is worth the purchase price to get the better audio.
The Netflix Blu-ray only has DD5.1
jhughy2010

Post by jhughy2010 »

nickbuol wrote:Is it true that all rental versions (Redbox, Netflix, Family Video, etc) are just Dolby Digital 5.1 and not Dolby TrueHD 7.1 / Atmos?

It's a Lionsgate thing... most of their rental BD versions are lower bitrate video/audio.
nickbuol

Post by nickbuol »

Thanks for the heads up. Now to figure out if I want to buy it while it is $20 so that I get the TrueHD/Atmos sound, or just rent is as I don't actually know anyone that has seen this movie to know if it justifies the $20 price tag. I know that it got good reviews, but so have a few other movies in the past year that I didn't care much for (over hyped)...
jhughy2010

Post by jhughy2010 »

nickbuol wrote:Thanks for the heads up. Now to figure out if I want to buy it while it is $20 so that I get the TrueHD/Atmos sound, or just rent is as I don't actually know anyone that has seen this movie to know if it justifies the $20 price tag. I know that it got good reviews, but so have a few other movies in the past year that I didn't care much for (over hyped)...
I hear ya... It has been a very very long time since I have purchased a movie prior to viewing it first. I don't usually watch the same movie more than once unless it is really good. Even then I sometimes wait months before watching it again. I think this is a good movie... if I were you though I would just rent it. AC3 5.1 is pretty good for an action drama movie like this. Now if it were something like the new Star Wars or new Avengers then I would say spend the money for the HD audio track/Atmos audio track.

Another thing that I do when I cannot find a rental that isn't a "rental" is buy used from eBay. Then if I don't like it I just turn around and sell it on eBay for a small loss (kind of like renting it I guess).
nickbuol

Post by nickbuol »

Finally talked to someone that I know that saw this. Based off of their recommendation and knowing the types of movies they like, I picked up the retail from Wallyworld for $20. I will rip it tonight and if I see any difference in playlist, I will let you all know.

Just upgraded to PowerDVD 15 last night as I also heard that anything older won't read this disc due to copy protection, so I should be able to use some tricks to find the right one in one manner or another.
nickbuol

Post by nickbuol »

For those wondering, the retail version (with Dolby TrueHD 7.1 and Atmos instead of the rental Dolby Digital 5.1) is super easy. Only one came up to choose from...

Lionsgate must know that most of their piracy copies come from rentals so they 1) knock down the audio a couple of notches, 2) give a bazillion playlists to choose from.

Anyway, not judging anyone here, just making a statement on my take as to why the rental was tricky and why the retail one was easy.
challenger1

Post by challenger1 »

If 945 is the playlist how do I enter it into Makemvk to make the .mkv file?
xbmcuser

Post by xbmcuser »

Source file name: 00945.mpls
Duration: 2:01:20
Chapters count: 16
Size: 30.8 GB
Segment count: 20
Segment map: 502,513,515,508,512,504,509,506,505,510,518,519,514,507,503,511,501,520,516,517

FYI See my post:
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 959#p42657
Reposting Here:
Researching this it seems the best/fastest way to find the correct segment map is to first backup the entire disc, which should be of normal size. Then knowing you need to work with a certain subset of segments your job is to now figure out their correct order, which the superset can be found here: BDMV/STREAM. You should be able to find each segment's starting point and length by referencing the movie.

It is somewhat tedious but using simple time math you can figure out the correct mapping faster than real time of the movie.
MrVideo

Post by MrVideo »

xbmcuser wrote:Researching this it seems the best/fastest way to find the correct segment map is to first backup the entire disc, which should be of normal size. Then knowing you need to work with a certain subset of segments your job is to now figure out their correct order, which the superset can be found here: BDMV/STREAM. You should be able to find each segment's starting point and length by referencing the movie.
Ever thought of using BDEdit to help with looking at the play lists?